The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Confession time - I have been doing a bit of bait fishing in recent months. It has been a bit easier on my knee and has scratched an itch , and whilst I have enjoyed it and caught a nice fish or two , it didn't give me the same buzz as throwing a lure. Being sat on my arse waiting for a bite just isn't the same.

My first proper lure session earlier this week resulted in a blank through my own bad angling. Thinking I was stuck in the weed , I failed to strike when my lure stopped very gently , and by the time I realised what was happening the fish was gone. She gave me a wave with a decent sized tail to show me what I had missed.

Last night was a beautifully calm evening and with low tide at about 9pm I was keen to make amends. A delay in the TT races resulted in me being a bit later than planned arriving , but I caught the last hour of the ebb. Everything looked right but as it approached slack water , I hadn't had any interest. At virtually low water , I had a take on a do live which resulted in the lure twisting on the hook. At least it was a sign of life.

5 minutes later a better hit had me hooked into my first lure fish of the year. A tidy little scrap and I was able to slide her onto the weed.

57cm and off the mark for the team .

Time for a quick squat and a selfishy.

On my return to the car , remembered I had brought my one surviving crab with me to release on the beach ( might bring me some good Karma). Surprise surprise , the crab had done a Houdini act and escaped. I assume it is now crawling round in a nook or crevice in the rear seating space somewhere so later this morning will see a car clean exercise before the hot weather results in a cooked and smelly peeler.

Another good reason to stick with lures perhaps !

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The search has been completed. Harry crab has not been found and is assumed lost in action deep within the interior of the 2006 vauxhall Zafira. The next 24 hours will be critical in detecting any terrible odours ( it may not be too much worse than usual).

On a positive note , a fish crazy sandeel , an SG eel in pearl and several cone weights were found under the back seats.

·
Banned
1,732 Posts
Great report Kevin. Poor old Harry Peeler.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well done ,nice fish Kevin.

A smelly crab can't be worse than spilling a full pint bottle of milk in the car. I speak from experience !!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hmmm Silver. Good fishing!, My last car stank so bad after bait fishing, I had it crushed, I failed to empty the CD auto-changer, which the CDs alone were worth more than the car...gutted. Beck, Faith No More, AC/DC, Throbbing Gristle etc....

Bravo on the fish Kevin, very nice indeed...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hmmm Silver. Good fishing!, My last car stank so bad after bait fishing, I had it crushed, I failed to empty the CD auto-changer, which the CDs alone were worth more than the car...gutted. Beck, Faith No More, AC/DC, Throbbing Gristle etc....

Bravo on the fish Kevin, very nice indeed...

well done on the fish, but you need to stay off that smelly stuff.......its the devils work....lol

re scrapping old cars Pete, i'm with you......when my last beloved bass mobile died in January on a mere 286k miles they gave me £40 in the scrap yard, luckily i had taken out the stereo/cd multichanger and sold them on ebay for £50..........made up, i then posted them to the new owner but was gutted to realise i had left the cd changer full of discs:eek:.............

Gutted !!! how can i possibly replace my Wham, Barry Manilow, Steps,shawaddywaddy,Demis Roussos etc etc.....:redface::redface::redface:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well done on the fish, but you need to stay off that smelly stuff.......its the devils work....lol

re scrapping old cars Pete, i'm with you......when my last beloved bass mobile died in January on a mere 286k miles they gave me £40 in the scrap yard, luckily i had taken out the stereo/cd multichanger and sold them on ebay for £50..........made up, i then posted them to the new owner but was gutted to realise i had left the cd changer full of discs:eek:.............

Gutted !!! how can i possibly replace my Wham, Barry Manilow, Steps,shawaddywaddy,Demis Roussos etc etc.....:redface::redface::redface:
Trevor, do you seriously expect me to take advice from someone who admits to that playlist? I am surprised you didn't have any ABBA!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Trevor, do you seriously expect me to take advice from someone who admits to that playlist? I am surprised you didn't have any ABBA!

wow ...thats spooky.........how did you know :eek::eek:....................

i might just be kidding though, what do you think.......;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow ...thats spooky.........how did you know :eek::eek:....................

i might just be kidding though, what do you think.......;)
I think your covering your tracks before you have to confess to One Direction

1 - 20 of 24 Posts