The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being reminded how totally unfit i've become during last sundays mini bumble down west wales, , i have given it some serious consideration and have decided to give up bass fishing for good :shock: (well maybe not completely ;) ) and start concentrating on flinging bits of fluff at the fish in my vicinity...

I'd just like to say that it has been an honour knowing most of you (via the forums) and an even bigger honour getting to meet a good few of you at the welsh bumbles and mini sessions, and i'd like you to know that after 30 years of being a shore angler, i have probably learnt more in the 12 months that i've been lure fishing than i ever did in all my years of bait fishing,,

Anyhow,, seeing that i will not be chasing the shirleys anymore, i have a lovely, beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, Red Rod for sale... which has hardly been used,, so if you are in the market for a rod upgrade check it out in the classifieds...

Tight lines buddies and make sure you catch a few for me..:D Marc...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
But Marc 20 is a bit of a young age to retire mate....Why not get signed up for the next Welsh Bumble and go out with a bang!!!! Well at least give us the chance to buy you a beer or maybe two.....:wink::wink:

All the best either way Marc and good luck with the fluff chucking..

·
Registered
843 Posts
Marc

I wish you the best of luck with fly fishing, I hope you continue to log on and be part of the Welsh bumble group. If you want to join us for any bumble I have a second set up and would be happy to fish normal marks (not mountain goat ones).

There are a few of us that will be fishing for trout from time to time, if you ever fancy a trip out just log on and shout!

Marc

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Ahhhhhh you'll still be around ;). Too many friends here to dissapear completely :D.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Marc, I sincerely hope you will be at least a social member of the future bumbles. As others have said, trout expeditions, pike expeditions and some salt-water fluff-chucking should keep you in the mix. My George is keen to increase the SWFF side of things, so you vcan keep him company!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Marc, Please don't dissappear, always a warm welcome for you here

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Marc,

I know you have been considering this for a little while now and it will be sad to think you won't be part of the bumbles anymore, fishing the fluff is still lure fishing and I hope you don't leave the forum, keep in touch and you never know we might well end up having a bumble on the fly up your way soon :wink: It's been great to meet you on more than one occasion and to share some fun via PM's and the shout box, Good luck Mucca :-D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Mark, all the best with the fly fishing. I'm going to miss those urban bassing pictures, still love the one with the bus in the background. Keep us posted on your exploits in the fresh water section it will always be good to hear from you.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sorry to hear that Marc, bug time. But like Iestyn says your health must come first. Getting to some bass marks can be taxing on the body.

If anything, swinging a fluff rod about should get you fitter so you may well be back! Good luck mate.

·
Registered
779 Posts
sniff sniff - gutted mate :( will miss your panting on a cliff climb mate lol

Will have to go fluffing with you next time Im over..............(if youll show me how that is)

will of course check in with you when Im there just incase you do fancy a stab at the silvers mate

was always fun Marc !!!!

cheers bud

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Marc, i found that the fly fishing scene was taking a toll on my life as i live in Cornwall and most of the comps i fished where at Chew or Rutland and during the season i was away most weeks somewhere for a comp. So 2 years i gave up for good and concentrated on the plugging here in Cornwall. I know that i made the right choice by being nearer to home. I wish you all the best for the future in you fly fishing trips all the best.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am gutted Marc :(

I promise not to drive like that any more and will keep a four pack of chilled Bow in a cool box in the car. Please please please!

You almost beat me up the hill, that's not saying much though ;)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
:sad::sad::sad: Marc, you will be solely missed on the bass rocks mate, you are great company and a dedicated fisherman.
I could always bring one of those JCB's home and flatten off some of the steeper ground for you bud, or we could get one of them little canoes and float around the easy way ;)

All the best with the fluff throwing, there is always the sw version ;)
Keep in touch matey

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all your kind words guys but i'm not dead just yet..:D shall hopefully make a couple of welsh meets

Absolutely gutted to hear this Marc but your health has certainly got to come first. Make sure you keep in touch regularly and I would be well up for some fluff chucking with you so let me know.

Tis a sad day :-(
I'll take you up on that mucca,, could do with ironing out some of my casting probs,, :(

sniff sniff - gutted mate :( will miss your panting on a cliff climb mate lol

Will have to go fluffing with you next time Im over..............(if youll show me how that is)

will of course check in with you when Im there just incase you do fancy a stab at the silvers mate

was always fun Marc !!!!

cheers bud
Tom you know i'll always be ready to fish with my brumraeg bro'. :D see ya next time you're over...;)

I am gutted Marc :(

I promise not to drive like that any more and will keep a four pack of chilled Bow in a cool box in the car. Please please please!

You almost beat me up the hill, that's not saying much though ;)
Hywel, me old mucca,, the problem is you don't drive fast enough... :D :D :D and only a four pack???

:sad::sad::sad: Marc, you will be solely missed on the bass rocks mate, you are great company and a dedicated fisherman.
I could always bring one of those JCB's home and flatten off some of the steeper ground for you bud, or we could get one of them little canoes and float around the easy way ;)

All the best with the fluff throwing, there is always the sw version ;)
Keep in touch matey
Now theres an idea Si', you bring the 360 and i'll drive the dumpers and we can flatten nolton haven and rikkets completely...:D

Hope to see you all soon,, Marc....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks for all your kind words guys but i'm not dead just yet..:D shall hopefully make a couple of welsh meets

I'll take you up on that mucca,, could do with ironing out some of my casting probs,, :(

Tom you know i'll always be ready to fish with my brumraeg bro'. :D see ya next time you're over...;)

Hywel, me old mucca,, the problem is you don't drive fast enough... :D :D :D and only a four pack???

Now theres an idea Si', you bring the 360 and i'll drive the dumpers and we can flatten nolton haven and rikkets completely...:D

Hope to see you all soon,, Marc....
For sure big fella (you know Ive got that spare red rod ready for you to use)

Oh and dont pretend the fluffings any easier - last tiime we spoke you had taken a tumble - ripped your waders & bust your rod lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts