The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am looking for a set of new waders have gone through two sets of pvc so wonderd if the neoprene is any good any suggestions would be welcome thank and best soles for rockhopping ?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You will get many different answers here Jonathan so please dont expect a consensus.

My view on this is . . . . .

1) Buy cheap . . . buy twice . . . some cheap waders (and wading boots) out there are crap !!
2) I have used rubber soles with metal studs all season with no issue.
3) Others prefer felt soles, but they arent good on grass / mud, which you sometimes have to cross to get to good marks.
4) You 'will' rip your waders, so learn to repair them (there are various repair glues available, and it aint rocket science).
5) Neoprenes sound all well & good, but they offer poor flexibility, and will boil your nuts in the summer !!!
6) You can get away with spending not much more than £100 and get something sensible.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The best cheap pair ive got are wychwood breathables.Fourth year in the water...use them as backups.Greys grxi lasted 4 months(seams).Ive ordered scierra cc6 to see how they fair but after holding the simms freestone im in two minds.As si says buy cheap buy twice buy dear and no dought youl rip them.Just buy what you can manage in that price range,read reviews etc.If i was to go cheap it would be wychwood,then greys g seriesBUt after that its a minefield.
cheersa daz

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have use both noeprenes and breathablem mate. The neoprenes are idea for cold water fishing in the deep winter.
Though breathable for the rest of it used snowbee waders for 3 seasons no problems with rubber soles and studs fitted.
Currently testing a cheaper pair and no issues yet though interesting to see how long they last beforei go through them too.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
am looking for a set of new waders have gone through two sets of pvc so wonderd if the neoprene is any good any suggestions would be welcome thank and best soles for rockhopping ?
SIMMS Simms simms.
Sportfish have a sale on at the moment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,check out if they have any left.
You get what you pay for in 'Tailored sizes' and Quality and longevity.
I use felt soles but as Simon says 'lethal on grass' (seriously).
BUT if you add studds (loads of them) to the soles then you wont have a problem.
Dont bother with the expensive Simms hard bites as they corrode at an amazing rate,use the alloy ones (Sportfish) and dont bother with their 'template' for stud placement just put them everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts