The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with experience of these jackets? I got one recently as a cheapish back up to my normal gear as I had read good reports in the like of Sea Angler magazine. First outing in the wet was on a boat out of Cadgwith and I got absolutely soaked! The jacket seemed to be letting in water everywhere.
Like many products it may be that the most recent product is not the same quality as older gear on which the reputation was built?
Any views -good or bad - would be welcome.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Any one with experience of these jackets? I got one recently as a cheapish back up to my normal gear as I had read good reports in the like of Sea Angler magazine. First outing in the wet was on a boat out of Cadgwith and I got absolutely soaked! The jacket seemed to be letting in water everywhere.
Like many products it may be that the most recent product is not the same quality as older gear on which the reputation was built?
Any views -good or bad - would be welcome.
I never take any notice of so called 'reviews' in some of the mags as I have always thought that they are 'biased' in favour of advertising revenue etc.
Remember that mag that was totally dedicated to 'pushing' those Sonic rods etc.
I buy lots of my gear on 'reputation' and if a product is crap or not what its meant to be we on the forum will soon suss it and it wont be recomended.
Some of the mags will try to sell anything...............

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Chris,
Only just seen this. Nick is right these are pushed hard by adverts in the Magazines and yours truly tried them. Worst thing I ever did they are awful, cheaply made and leaked badly... I would never buy anything from them again....
Sorry but that's my experience with them. Don't think for one minute that you have a rogue piece of kit.They have a bad name with the dealers and particularly with the Sea Anglers in my area.

Reactions: Chris Newton

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing your experience Trev. The guy I bought it off and the manufacturer are both refusing to correspond with me over getting a refund. Definitely one to avoid.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'm not surprised Chris. Our local tackle dealers try and palm them off on to the unsuspecting Newbies to the game as that's the only way they can get rid of their stock. They are just about okay for a light summer shower and that's all IMHO.

Reactions: Chris Newton
1 - 6 of 6 Posts