The Lure Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This event will be shore only and will run for eleven months starting on the 1st January 2011 and finish on the 1st December 2011. Forum members are invited to register their entry from now and registration will stay open until 12th December. After this date no entries will be accepted. When all entries are in the, Teams will be created, the teams will consist of four members per team and will be chosen by the admin team. The entered names will be picked at random from a hat from varied locations. These teams will then fish as they normally do over the course of the year. At the end of the event the team with the longest combined length from a maximum of four fish will be the winners. Each team member must catch and enter a fish for their teams overall length. (each team member will have only their longest fish recorded in final combined team length) Therefore each member must contribute to their teams combined length. For equality purposes the teams will consist of team members from varied geographical locations. Just to clarify, during the course of the comp each team member will have their longest fish recorded towards their teams overall recorded length, at the end of the comp each team members longest fish will count towards their teams total final tally. If a team member doesnt manage to enter/record a fish, the final tally will only include the other team members best fish.

How do I enter, is there any cost?

To enter, simply request your entry on this thread or by pm to any of the admin team. There is no cost of entry although. You will need to have a Lure Forum Ruler for the measuring/picturing of your fish for them to be officially entered. The Lure Forum rulers cost £15 inc delivery. Once the entry dealine has passed entries will be entered for team selection. On completion of requested entry, a list of entered members will be published. Once the teams have been created, the team members will need to decide on their team name, once the team name has been approved by the admin team it will entered onto the leader board.

How do I measure the fish, and where do I enter the pictures?

The fish must be measured on the Lure Forum Official Measure, the comp has a minimum fish qualifying length of 50cm, any fish measured below 50cm will not count towards the comp, the fish must be measured from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. The measured fish will be recorded to the nearest lowest centimetre shown on the forum measure, the picture must show the whole fish with the measure underneath clearly, the measure needs to be visible,head or tail shots will not be accepted and will be verified by a member of the admin team. Any pictures that do not able verification will not be counted towards the teams length. The admin decision on submitted images are final.
To enter the pictures, a thread has been created in the competition section. See here http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=4977&pagenumber=
This thread will be for entering pictures only. Obviously the posting of catch reports is actively encouraged in relation to the comp and beneficial to all members

Where do I get a Lure Forum Ruler?

These are available from **** Ward or Myself upon request.

What are the prizes?

The team with the winning total combined length will win the prize, there is only one prize place and at the moment the prize consists of a main team trophy and replicas for each team member, £50 voucher per winning team member, kindly donated by MrFish. This prize may increase, depending on offers made. There is only one prize place.

Each month, (subject to picture admissions ) a monthly leader board will be published on the forum. To keep the forum members up to date on the current standings. Full rules available nearer the closing date.

Good luck if you enter, and thank you for supporting the forum.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I have spoken with Ultimate Fishing, they are willing sort out a few prizes for this comp too, probably a selection of lures I would think. This comp may well turn out to be quite a big thing, we are hoping for results to be in one of the fishing magazines each month...... Are many of you interested in it? It certainly is going to get me out on the shore a few more times next year.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Yes I am interested in partaking. God help the poor souls who draw me in their squad. Saying that, it is an incentive to fish more, which is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yes I am interested in partaking. God help the poor souls who draw me in their squad.
Team thing is a great idea but....
I'm really not sure of this random or selected (out your your own control) team selection.

Would be better if guys could team up with people they usually fish with.
Just my opinion but I'm sure I'm not alone.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I don't have three people to fish with!
I'm sure you aren't alone in that sentiment Mark.
There is no right or wrong in the rules, it's a good idea. I just 'think' like myself, some, maybe quite a few, will be put off by not knowing who they will be teamed up with. It's not just the money issue it's the commitment and effort being equally split.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I agree it is a challenge Keith, but an attempt to create balanced teams will possibly make the whole thing fairer. For example, if all the Irish guides made up one team it would be potentially too daunting...........but as you say, one bass doesn't make a summer, so anyone could pull out a bonus fish, yours truly included.

I say give it a year and review based on experience.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
BTW I don't think that fish caught whilst being guided should be excluded, so it might be good for business. LOL.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
But what happens about fish caught away from your home area? What if a team jumps on a plane to Wexford?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I like the idea of teams being chosen Paul, I'm all for it. As you say, prevents groups of very good anglers teaming up, leaving less proficient entrants to form their own.

And I suppose it would be any Bass caught in the UK, home patch or not?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am up for it. I like the idea of random teams with different geographies and do not think it matters where the fish are caught. You may wish to state UK and Irish waters before I jump on a plane and go for stripers off New York, mind you if this is allowed can I get a bigger measure

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
They will still count i would say Paul !! Anyways i want Steve Lewis in my Team i dont care if we catch or not its just taking part that counts
Really? (they would still count I mean, not you're wanting Steve in your team). Are you going to seed all the anglers and draw the names from hats, or keep all the Welsh to yourselves and leave us poor sods with the Cornishmen?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
They will still count i would say Paul !! Anyways i want Steve Lewis in my Team i dont care if we catch or not its just taking part that counts
Ah, thats nice Bob :p

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Only joking Bob (except the bit about Cornishmen) fair play to Mike for even getting the idea moving. It will be interesting....

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Paul , Teams will be drawn from a hat i think , so we get no complaints about team selections , but thats Mikes dept at the moment
Sounds like a good plan, I'm up for a random team and would enjoy a spot of travelling to meet their home grounds :D
I am up for it. I like the idea of random teams with different geographies and do not think it matters where the fish are caught. You may wish to state UK and Irish waters before I jump on a plane and go for stripers off New York, mind you if this is allowed can I get a bigger measure
This is my point being made.

3 replies in the same thread. So people have misread or misinterpreted the intention.

Mike Hayes said:
teams will consist of four members per team and will be chosen by the admin team.
Good luck with it but I'll skip this one and like Paul say's, I'll give it a year.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Dont see your problem with this comp keith Admin select the teams from a hat so that way all members have the same terms to fish the comp no one team can be classed as dead cert favorites to clean up .
So you skip this one out then as you say and see how it goes your choice . ( Admin )

1 - 20 of 321 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.