The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To late but - Penn Captiva CV2 4000 vs Shimano Sedona 4000FD

Hi Guys

If you were to choose between the Shimano Sedona 4000fd and the Penn Captiva CV2 4000 which would you go for.

I chose the Penn which I got at wall-mart while on holiday.

2 main reasons, I had used another penn reel a few days earlier and it was really nice and felt like a well made piece of kit, secondly it looked cool ;-)

I will be loading on my new braid soon and then trying it out will report back.

Jeremy

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Shimano every every time.
Even the lower priced ones are very good and you know what your getting,gears etc..................

·
Registered
779 Posts
I hate to say this but the Craptiva turned out to be a windknot creation machine for me - worst reel I ever had for braid (oh and all the gold peeled off in about 3 sessions)

hope yours is a newer version & that you dont have the issues I did

·
Registered
207 Posts
I hate to say this but the Craptiva turned out to be a windknot creation machine for me - worst reel I ever had for braid (oh and all the gold peeled off in about 3 sessions)

I had the worst days fishing of my life with the Captiva - wind knot city.........sorry !

·
Banned
2,432 Posts

Again its the cosmetic shiny 'V' reliable known quality again,dont you think ?

·
Registered
865 Posts
cannit comment on the captiva 4000 but a have the 5000 for light shore bait fishing and float fishing etc and its been spot on apart from the laquer peeled off 1 of my spools, but to be honest a havent really kept on top of it have never really washed it etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts