The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out with Derek Buesnel today on the S/E coast we had 21 bass but all small around the 1lb mark plus a 3lb rock fish. I caught most of my 14 on Keitech swim impact and a few on a swim senko, I cannot remember what Derek was using but I know he aught some on swim senko's.

Lets hope the bigger ones will turn up

·
Registered
779 Posts
Out with Derek Buesnel today on the S/E coast we had 21 bass but all small around the 1lb mark plus a 3lb rock fish. I caught most of my 14 on Keitech swim impact and a few on a swim senko, I cannot remember what Derek was using but I know he aught some on swim senko's.

Lets hope the bigger ones will turn up
wish I had your prolems lol

well done!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It an be normal but they become a bit of a pest ripping soft plastics that are almost as long as they are Derek had quiet a few yesterday as well

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Alan, I am divided. Don't know whether to feel chuffed for you or sick as that's half as many as I caught all year last year! Don't complain they are small - wouldn't catch many anglers down my way being upset about that!
Well done (grudgingly and jealously!).

Any more details on the lures and how you fished them please?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Tim I fished a purple and silver swim senko on a 12g jig head retrieved very slowly and also used a 4inch Keitech Swing Impact a greeny pumpkin coloured fished on the same wieght jig retrieved very slowly

·
Registered
229 Posts
Alan, what size Keitech Swim Impact are you using?

I bought the 4 inch ones, and they are a bit smaller than 4 inches!

Look nice for the rockies though.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Nice problem to have!!

At least the fish have started to show, few been caught in Herm reently so they are making their way slowly towards my waiting baits and lures...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nice problem to have!!

At least the fish have started to show, few been caught in Herm reently so they are making their way slowly towards my waiting baits and lures...
So they're heading west then. If too many turn up, point them southeast. lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Tim I fished a purple and silver swim senko on a 12g jig head retrieved very slowly and also used a 4inch Keitech Swing Impact a greeny pumpkin coloured fished on the same wieght jig retrieved very slowly
Not familiar with the keitech Swim Impact Alan. Thanks for all the details! More shopping no doubt now....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts