The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,where do i start?A plan was hatched up last weekend to fish a mark this morning if the weather held and it did.Contact was made via nath through the week that we were in for a bit of a shock if we managed to finally fish it.A couple of phone calls to true gent john orells and mr fin c to let let them know it was game on and it was outside to pack my gear.Up this morning at 6am,quick brew then over to naths to pick him up...no i mean literally pick him up......hed been out on the town on a birthday bash so was a bit worse for ware,charly chan lookalike but he was ready to rumble.Then it was onto fins and a quick dash to the mark to meet john.To say we were excited was an understatment,like little kids really....but hey...i loves it.
Pulled up at first mark and was greeted with hundreds of mullet cruising just yards from the shore but no bass then nath and fin noticed bird commotion and the mark we were meeting john at,so back in van and dashed over and there was mr orells gettin kitted out.After a brief chatt we made are way to the shore ready for some sport.As we walked over the bank we were greeted by something special......shoals ans shoals of frenzied bass smashing into baitfish.It was totally insane,fish from all sizes just going mental,jumping over each other to get ther prey.We just looked at each other and just legged it towards the shore,everyman for himself!!!!They stayed around for most of the day at different distances and worked from right to left,,amazin to watch. Baring in mind this was going to be a special day for john as hes never had bass off the top and we were determind to break his duck and boy oh boy did he do it in style,,,,6 fish!!!.With the leathal gunfish a nailed them through the day..(we are so chuffed for you john,your a good guy matey).Nath was using his golden touch as usual and took 5 fish to a selection of top lures.feeder popper, patchinko and asturie doing most damage..top man mr bell.Fin nailed 4 fish to the frosty and lost his beloved sammy ...sad times.I had 5 fish..patchinko,mag slider and asturie again in amongst the mix.All fish were between 1 and half to 3 and half pound but amazing sport on light gear and just to witness these predators doing what they know best was just simply breathtaking,bigger bass were there but simply couldnt get there noses in first.well,theres so much more detail i can write but ill leave it to the guys.All in all,a cracking day with crackin company.One little thing at the end that was nice was john handing nath,fin and me little gifts to say thanks for the day.....a true gent mr orells..you really are!!just some pics of the day.....
johns first off the top and look at his face.
the return
fin with a spiky
fin in action
my bass
my return.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Absolutely brilliant Daz... It must have been an amazing sight....:shock::shock:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Really was a fantastic days fishing, the sight of that huge feeding frenzy was truly mind blowing.

Still got your frosty Daz, will sort an eye out off an old patchinco mate.

Had an amazing day, I am definitely hooked on this surface fishing lark the boils and missed takes just seem to make it all the more exiting.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning stuff guys, days like that don't happen often :p Well done on the top water action John :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant session there lads :clap: :clap:, cracking mini-bumbling from our friends in the North :D. & congrats John O' on your first (6 :shock:) off the top :D.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
fantastic stuff !!! conditions were perfect yesterday and well done to one and all for filling ya boots
especially john with his first of many more to come off the top...........didnt get out yesterday and was cursing the fact as the weather was spot on

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Darren what a fantastic day I'm still pinching myself now to make sure it was real. I don't think I will ever forget the moment we first caught site of the water boiling in front of us and the sprint we made to the waters edge the excitement, the anticipation and the adrenalin was pure magic. Then the magic moment, third or forth cast fish on, Nath fish on, Darren fish on what a way to start a session all recovered treated with respect and returned, huge grins all round – magical. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For me there was a completely different dimension to catching off the top the direct visual contact with the lure seeing every knock, swirl and take was just insane, it just added to what was already a brilliant day. For me to go from zero to six off the top all on the trusty Lucky Craft Gunfish was just off the scale and one of the best sessions I have ever had, it will certainly be remembered for a long time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many thanks to Darren, Nathan and Fin your knowledge is inspiring and your enthusiasm infectious, for a land locked bumbler like myself it was a real treat to spend a day out with you guys. [/FONT]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts