The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve and I travelled back to Bosh on Saturday hoping to get our lures smashed off the surface again. We headed straight to the marks that produced last weekend and despite all our best attempts the pike were not playing ball (bit like England today :-o)!!!!! After a good 2hrs with very little action we had covered pretty much the entire water and all we had was one small pike that Steve spotted but I caught on a frog sp fished on a swimming jig head much to the delight of an audience of about 20 people!! Steve has video footage so that should be interesting....

We stopped at the top end of the lake and pondered as to why the fishing was not happening (I was blaming Steve and I think he was blaming me but neither of us actually said it!! lol) I suggested that the sun was the probable cause and once it passed over the canopy of tree`s the lower light level should activate the fish. What happened next was simply unreal.......the sun passed over-head and like a switch being flipped the pike started smashing our lures off the top. Both Steve and I were running up and down the bank helping each other with landing and photographing fish, honestly it was mental! To top it all, the pike were going mental aswell!!! Pretty much every fish we had tailwalked all over the place, went on surging runs and leaped clear of the water over and over. Just brilliant, the takes off the top really are impressive and just awesome to see, I think Hywel had a shock when I spotted a pike, covered it and a fish about 12lbs just smashed it about 10yds in front of him!!!! An absolutely cracking day at Bosh again, and people scoff at pike fishing and think they don`t fight!!! They are seriously seriously missing out. Ive banked 17 fish in a week at least 7 of them being doubles! all off the top and have had more hits than google. Awesome sport. Full report will be on my blog shortly, here are some pics, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
It was a great day Iestyn, and yes I think Pike fishing is underrated, while I wait for my first lure caught Bass I am more than happy to keep going after the Pike, especially with surface lures :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done guys looks like you had yet another great day on the Crocs

Slowly getting the reputation as "The Croc Hunter" Iestyn.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done boys - a fantastic day by the looks of it. I fished all day with Hywel & George for one schoolie bass! Super pics as well lads, especially that one under the bridge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bloody hell, really sorry that I couldn't make it out, now!
Looks like the 8 arch was the place to be.
Looks like the water level on the East side of the bridge has dropped below the sill again?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done lads :clap:, nice session there. I'm back in the land of the living, so will see ya next weekend :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts