The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whent last night for a couple of hours to a mark where i had a couple of bass last week. I had mt first fish off the top on a Patchinko ( first topper of the season) and then had two other fish abut a quater of an hour later. One on an orange Feed Shallow and the other on an IMA Komomo 125.
I tried three other marks within 100 yards of this mark but nothing. All the fish came from the same spot which was also the exact same spot as i had them last week.

Do i tell my mates or keep this to myself ? It's only a small area where the fish are and am keen on resting it between sessions. What do you guys reckon.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good stuff Martin but keep the mark to yourself unless you can trust your mates :wink:

·
Registered
362 Posts
it's very difficult to make a decision unless i have all of the information....
perhaps you could let me know the location, best state of tide, best lures etc
i would be more than happy to let you know what i think!!

but if it were me, share it with people you know & trust only or those that you 'owe' some info to.
when i started plugging properly about a year ago, i'd half worked out a couple of areas that i thought might be ok. Guns was kind enough to take me under his wing and give me loads of pointers and help.

Well done on the fish, you've worked it out, enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As a newbie to this forum and a Torquay civi I know what predicament you're in. I was fishing locally myself, I'm about to post it, and with the sea boiling with bass I had some success landing a few. I'd say keep mum about your hot-spot or next time you're there you'll be swamped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well done Martin - your secrets safe with me ;-) Maybe it's one of my 'secret marks' :-D

I know what you mean though - around here the bass can be very localized...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'd say keep it to yourself for the time being. Secret bass hot spots can rapidly become ex bass hot spots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts