The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went out to be met by a flat-calm sea lit by a shimmering moon. Working along the local coastline I at last came to spot where I've had some success catching Bass. I had my new as-yet unchristened rod (Teklon Concept Spin) and remembering what I'd heard on this forum about dark conditions - dark lures and vice versea, put on a Feed Shallow I'd just bought. After only a few casts, a straight retrieve seems to be the ticket at night around here, up came this little beauty. By now it's almost midnight, still warm and things are about to get better. 1/4 mile further on and the sea boiled with Bass. Other fishermen were there using sandeels, but I had more success with my Feed Shallow and was pulling them out - and back in.
My new rod is officially christened and I'm getting a real feel for Bass fishing with lures. 'Ave it!

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Top job that man. Great to get into fish, great to christen new rod, and def great to out fish bait boys! Well done.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time Kevin......

Great result

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Kevin and well done :-D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
KevinB said:
After only a few casts, a straight retrieve seems to be the ticket at night around here
It's a great way to locate Bass at night.
Adding pauses to straight retrieves is your next step.

use a slow floater from 3 -- 5ft deep and pause the time it takes to break surface + a second or 2
A dead suspender and wait (varied amounts but a 3 count is a great start)
A slow rearward sinker (Zonk is perfect) and let the lure slide back (follow it with your rod tip or it doesn't work properly) slide back for a few feet.

Keep things slow and go out on new moons next.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts