The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aye-up Fellas,
I'm clinically Northern, living in Torquay and new to this excellent site. Had a good read since joining and like other newbies I'm astounded by amount of info found here, thanks to the chap at Bass Masters who recommended this place when I ordered a few Tackle House FS's last week. I've had some success with Delta Eels at Teignmouth, bloodhead Sidewinders here in Torquay and especially good while spinning with an Abu Toby off Meadfoot, but new to using plastic lures overall. Over the winter I've developed a small arsenal from the Tackle House's, surface poppers and several types of Maria Chase BW's, and treated myself to a new Tecklon Concept Spin rod (paired with a Shimano 2500 loaded with braid). All I need now are a few local marks to practice and to plenty of advice on techniques, etc.
Ideally, if anyone can spare half an hour on a local beach showing me the basics, this would certainly help in getting me started and be greatly appreciated.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Hi Kevin, firstly welcome to the site. Im sure there is someone local to you that may offer some friendly advice.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Welcome Kevin. Well done for getting your post count up & running !! Plenty of people on here who'll be willing to lend a hand :D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey Kevin! Welcome aboard! I think there must be one or 2 in your area on here by now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome Tqkevo - you will find several S.D.F members are using this forum - C.J

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome Kevin, hope you enjoy and get someone to get together with you :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts