The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just thought id throw this one out there.

I would love to see a modern lure angling mag "total lure fishing". I don't even know why i buy those other fishing mags as nothing appeals to me i buy em flick through em and never look at em again, there is the odd thing but not enough to justify buying one.

I'm pretty sure we've all thought about it!

Is there enough happening on the UK lure fishing scene?
I think there could be what with Fly, HRF, LRF, Eging and bass fishing in general it could have reports on meets like the ones we see on the forum. tips hints and techniques, interviews with the pro's and loads more.

I think it would be a big step forward in the lure world!

I know we have all this on the forum but it would be great to see!

Would we really want to broadcast our amazing little world to the rest of the UK? Would it create an influx of new lure anglers?

what do you guys think??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pike and Predator magazine covers lure fishing - mostly for pike and perch granted, but occasionaly ventures into other species. makes an interesting read once in a while.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
99% sure it'll happen eventually Callum. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
of course it will but waiting shmaiting sum one do it now!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes but do they cover LRF HRF and Eging Steve?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Totally agree Callum.
My, LRF etc really has bitten alot of sane people really hard.

It's the fact that you actually catch fish maybe ?

Addictive isn't it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers for the link alex! nice one

yeah keith its really catching on! ADDICTIVE, thats not the word i predict rehab for this kind of stuff a few months down the line lol

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thats pretty paterns Paul , whats it say ?
Google tells me wakamono, which sounds like something dodgy, but means "young man". Just having a laugh, I think the romanised words are easier than the symbols (and occasionally more fun!).

The japanese for squid worrier is ika shinpai Keith.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I think there is a lot of merit in the e-zine idea. There is plenty of variety in lure fishing these days especially if we include freshwater. For some that is more an option than the sea so has to be worth while. So many techniques can be used in both either directly or with some manipulation. Look at how much has been learnt about Japanese (and Australian) tackle and techniques over the last few years. That would have likely not happened without the net. Spread the word, raise the profile of this forum, and eventually include contributions from overseas anglers.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
There is work in progress, the staff have been talking about all sorts of ideas but it does boil down to peoples time for doing work on it once it is up and running, it should never be a chore for anyone so we are trying to sort out that its not. We will get somewhere with it this year, be it an online mag or a section in an existing magazine.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I actually had a meeting or two with some people a couple of years ago about the idea of an online dedicated lure fishing magazine...........of course it can be done, and indeed something should be done, but various "models" tend to fall down when the subject of paying for it comes up. If you want professional quality content, it needs paying for. Not sure that enough people would even consider paying for web-based content, and I am not sure that the market is advanced enough (yet) for enough dosh to be raised via UK advertisers.

But how cool could it be ?

Something surely has to happen one of these days.......

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Passion, can be a very powerful medium, if its harnessed and channelled in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts