The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I read on this site the more confused I get, I want a rod for HRF wanted a Infeet can't get one. So have narrowed it down to 7' Bushy or Cormoran TR4, please dont mention anything else its doing my head in of the two which would you chose for a first HRF rod.

Best regards
Les

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Havent used the Cormoran, but have used the 7' Whacker. The Whacker is excellent, and is tried & tested on HRF. Cant go wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
George used the 2009 7' Bushie 10-30g at Weymouth and caught 10 wrasse and a pollack. He has had bass & pike (to 10lb) on this rod so it is a solid all rounder for light plugging and hrf. If you check out Keith's blog hecomments on this and other rods. From memory he quotes the Infeet as being a class above, but that the Bushie is perfectly adequate for most.

·
Registered
631 Posts
George used the 2009 7' Bushie 10-30g at Weymouth and caught 10 wrasse and a pollack. He has had bass & pike (to 10lb) on this rod so it is a solid all rounder for light plugging and hrf. If you check out Keith's blog hecomments on this and other rods. From memory he quotes the Infeet as being a class above, but that the Bushie is perfectly adequate for most.
Tim, what weighted S/Ps do you use on the Bushy as i am thinking of getting one

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Meirion, some of the lures weight 10g or so, and we only use light jigheads (up to 7g) as I prefer to rig stuff weedless on the weighted hooks (lose less gear that way. Most stuff would be 5-15g all up I suppose?

·
Banned
792 Posts
yep, I do also like my short bushi for that kind of fishing! Tried it also with jigheads and weighted hooks from 5g-21g.
Really nice action. For all heavier Jigheads I use the 7´ 15-40g Bushi.
Really good rods for the money, so there are always better rods if you spend more money, as we all know!

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just when I had made my mind up to get a Bushy I received an e-mail from Plat saying they THINK that Daiwa may have some so we will wait awhile and see what happens I hope it is worth it !!!

Les

·
Registered
498 Posts
les think it will be worth the wait from what iv heard and read ,going to get one myself over the winter to go side by side with my shimano dropshot which i love for hrf

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeh sorry to confuse you even more but..i like 2 rods set up ready to go and thats where the infleet will come in to use, diff lure, quick change and back and so on. ive found chopping and changing can make the diff this year, lrf and hrf

·
Registered
519 Posts
les,

i have the infeet 7ft, to be honest, it's one of the best rods i've ever owned,

bite detection great, handle's big fish just as well as the smaller fish, light to hold, finish and fittings good, an all round billiant rod, well worth the wait.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeh sorry to confuse you even more but..i like 2 rods set up ready to go and thats where the infleet will come in to use, diff lure, quick change and back and so on. ive found chopping and changing can make the diff this year, lrf and hrf
Oh Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Les

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
les,

i have the infeet 7ft, to be honest, it's one of the best rods i've ever owned,

bite detection great, handle's big fish just as well as the smaller fish, light to hold, finish and fittings good, an all round billiant rod, well worth the wait.

all the best

kev
Cheers Kev,
Sometimes the wait is worthwile hopefully this will be the case.
Les

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It looks like they have some. I seem to have ordered a spare Infeet when I'd had a few the other night according to my emails.

A load of other rods will be coming in the for sale section once I have sorted through them all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts