The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone anyone had any experiance with these rods ,look nice but wondered about c weight ,action etc any info much appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
498 Posts
ive got the 8-45g neil, great rod for tne £, light as a feather, good action med/fast, i use it for the little metals(cymos and naburas) it sort of fits inbetween lrf and hrf, dont really use it for jigheads over 5g,handles fish well had pollock upto 4lb on it, recomended, nice rod

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have the 7' 6-28g TR4 and I have to say its a great little rod especially for the price. I've paired mine up with a Rarenium 2500 and its a great little light set up and a joy to use. I have a ULX for the lrf stuff but the TR4 is great for slightly heavier jig heads, metals and small plugs, the one thing I would say though is that the 28g rating is a little optimistic and its a bit of a pity it doesn't come with a spigot joint but it's a lovely rod and pretty inexpensive too.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
hey dave do you think the 7 ft would handle small poppers up to say 20g ?
I've mostly been using small metals and small plugs around the 10g mark with my 7ft TR4 and tbh I'm not sure how it would fair with larger plugs and poppers. I should be out again either today or tomorrow so I'll try it and report back but I suspect it might just about cast them ok but the tip might be a bit too soft to work the popper.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just read the review dave m ,have you used it in anger yet ? any views, found them at devon tackle 7 ft 49.99 and 8 ft 55.00 bargain

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Neil yes but only on the local cut. Used Sp's of 10g aprox and hard lures upto 24g ok with both. But think 24g is very near the top end. Had pike upto 10Lb with no trouble. Hope that is of some help

Dave

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jabba no bargain ,im not gettin rid of my favorite decoration sollllloo, seriously though **** thats what it says have a look, probably to good to be true

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
hey dave do you think the 7 ft would handle small poppers up to say 20g ?
Neil, I had a few cast with some of my bass lures on the 7 ft TR4 yesterday and to me at least it felt most comfortable casting lures in the 5-15g range and was perfect for smaller plugs and surface lures. I tied casting a small chugbug, sammy and a frosty, so up to about 16g (frosty) and the TR4 coped fine but when I tried casting a feedshallow 128 (18.5g) it felt clumsy to me and tbh I was afraid to give it more than a gentle lob but then I'd probably just switch to my heavier bass set-up if I was going to fish that size lure anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts