The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to say love the Trebles on the patchinko 100, Hook ups every time!! thiking of changing all my lures with these trebles, What do you guys think , decoy trebles i think.?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I noticed it the other day when mine came through Michael. Weird little things, almost like semi circle trebles, with the exaggerated in turned points. Pain in the anus trying to crush down the barbs on them though.

I am happy with the hook up rate, though I still get loads of hits and splashes that dont hook up.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Not so sure about the trebles but wont be changing them just yet. I had quite a few bass the other morning on the small patchinko but the number of slashes and missed takes was incredible! If I had hooked as many as I had takes i would have been not far off three figures!!! Now I did seem to have the worlds largest shoal of immature bass in front of me and possibly the really small ones were having a go but it did make me check the hooks to see if they still had points! Like Mark said, crushing the barbs takes some doing!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes crushing the barbs on these trebles is tedious, But the hook hold is good !! i missed very few takes yesterday on the patchinko. Still will keep to the original trebles now because of the barb crushing issue, I cant go through that again.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
i've got to say I've found the hook-up rate on the patchinko 100 to be excellent. my first trip with one resulted in 6 fish for 7 attempts which i reckon is much better than most others (this is in the dark).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts