The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a difficult day on the east coast yesterday on the yak with a few garfish,pollock but no bass.Managed to catch a few wrasse on the way home on the west coast so all was not lost.

Today I was in two minds as to what to fish for.I started scouting for wrasse this morning but changed the shape of the rear of my car on a granite wall so I decided it was back to the east coast with a different tactic.

Theres a run where thats perfect for trotting a soft plastic down (Keith/Kevin) style.Was slightly late but I parked my yak up on the rocks and tried a softy I got from **** on Friday with a 10g jighead.
Second trot down and as my softy was swinging around bam,fish on.

This one went 4.25 lbs.Had a few more takes but no hook ups.Back onto the yak and managed couple of 2 pounders.Still a difficult day out.

I was on my way back when that question Alan mentioned yesterday was in my mind "WHERE DO THEY GO" .I was paddling over a section of jap weed the size of say 3 cars when half a dozen bass shot out.All abot 2-3 lbs.I did a u-turn a paddled over an adjacent making extra noise and about the same amount took flight.It was only waist deep.So maybe they go for a lie down.lol

Stopped later for a few cast and caught a 2lbs pollock which completely swallowed my sp shad at 11cm long.When I opened its mouth the fish strangly managed to expell the sp and jighead from its guts without getting the hook snagged.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Stephen, sounds like you had a cracking time, shame about the damage to the car :sad:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw an angler playing a fish on a rock near to a rock with a pole on it yesterday was it you stephen ??

Yes that was me Alan,thought I saw your boat but you normally have a red life jacket on so did not recognise you,sorry.Next time you out give me a shout so I know it you. That run is great for that type of fishing.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I was in Derek Buesnels boat small white boat fishing close to you when you hooked the fish and then saw you further south a short time later, I lost a large fish near to where you were, you are quiet right I always have my red lifejacket on in my boat can be too careful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts