True super shallow hard plastics | Page 3 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

True super shallow hard plastics

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Pike

2. Salmon

Many thanks for all the replies chaps.

I have never been drawn to the Komono lures, but they seem to have plenty of fans so I'll have to give them a crack. I have the Maria lures mentioned, and they are still a bit too deep unfortunately. I have a K10 and a couple of Sarunas somewhere that I bought, so will dig them out and give them a throw.

I have also just ordered one of the Daiwa R50+ SSR, so will look forward to giving her a crack when she arrives.

I am also tempted to try and mod some lures to make shallower. Lets take the SL14 as mentioned earlier. What would I do? Just literally evenly grind of some bib? I also got an interesting PM from Alan B (cheers Alan) also in which he mentioned holding the vane over a hot kettle and reshaping.

3. Pike

Check out Henry Gilbey's super shallow (<1') article in the current issue of Sea Dangler. He mentions the Komomos and the Feed Shallow as well as half a dozen lures that I've never heard of. Could be just what you're looking for. Give me a shout if you want me to list them.

I have a TM 175 with a broken bib. Can I find a use for this? Should I file the bib so that it's level? Would this run super shallow? I've tried it as it is but it appears to have lost some of its action.

4. Bass

megabass griffon probs 15 cm

5. Mackerel

You where saying that you can't get the distance with soft plastics and too much weight will ruin the action. Have you
    ever tried drop shot with soft plastics? I have had great results with this just make sure your lead is slim if it is rocky.
    /small xlayers are lethal with this method.

Tommy

6. Salmon

Just to revive this briefly, but with a twist.

Super shallow diver measuring 110mm or less? Not Feed Shallow 105 though.

7. Salmon

BTW, the Daiwa R50 is awesome :)

8. Pollock

I know it's been mentioned but I'm made up with my Terriff DC-9 Bullet.
    Casts miles, runs no more then 30 cm's deep and very, very nearly suspends on the pause.
    Also another shout for the Dice Baycrap. Again casts well for it's size and has a good action on both fast and slow retreives.
    Both are 90mm long but the Baycrap is slimmer in profile and depth, if you know what I mean.
    Hope that helps.

Cheers Nath

9. Sea Trout

Shimano hirame 2 , according to Plat it casts 70 meters. Runs shallow and now its got a 20 % discount and will cost 14 euros.

10. Perch

11. Mackerel

Well, for my money, this is easy peasy! Komomo 2 without a doubt.
    I got one in Aura(?) black which has a sort of silver hologram on the sides.
    You know when you see sand eels in the water and as they turn they flash silver? The K2 mimics this perfectly. You'd think it was an eel when you catch a glimpse of it.
    It's a very shallow diver well within your 30cms and if you retrieve it slow it will actually form a V wake on the surface.
    Casting is not bad. About 30 - 35 yds on my Bushwhacker. It has a similar action to the Storm Jointed Thunderstick but casts better.
    I spray mine with Enviro Tex every few sessions because some say the finish on IMAs doesn't last long and I really don't want to loose that hologram.
    I bought a Feed Shallow at the same time but I've only used it once as the K2 seems to do the same job but better!
    Anyone want to buy a once used Feed Shallow??!!

12. Blanker

have you considered Maria Amnis or Seaspin Coixedda? :)

coixedda
    [​IMG]

amnis
    [​IMG]