The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Stocked up on some Soft Plastics and jigheads from Cain @ absolutefishing over the weekend and set myself up for a session on tuesday morning...first time wiv the softies...arrrived at my Fav mark 2 hours before the low tide...hmmmm..foggy...overcast..water still very dirty..soft wind comming from the north..cold..i'll bang out a few lures to warmup before i play with the softs..
1st cast with komono2..

Well now..could b one of those days...and it was..BIG STYLE...
Snapped off the komono 3 casts later in my haste to get it out there..was getting hit every cast but not hooking up ..patchinko on and this silver lad shows up

Stuck with the patchinko and landed 5 more silvers in 40 mins..
all decent sized fish 2 to 4 Lbs.. didnt bother with scales

2 silvers returning....nice rock pool at mark.was able to release fish in pool and watch em make their way out..great stuff..

That took me to 1 hour before the low tide..started to get very snaggy as the water dropped and the kelp reared it ugly head... i wanted to get me gataride in the water..moved 70 yards north up the coast and with the north wind was able to cast right back to the first mark but much deeper water from this approach...
First cast with the gataride ..result

6 more bass landed on teh gataride(4 not landed)..forgot to take a pic of one of em..twas exciting stuff..

DISASTER..lose zonk to a snag..gutted
Managed to land 1 more using maria chase bw(only lure to last me all season..tis fair tatty now..caught me fish too)

END RESULTS
19 fish hookedup
15 landed
13 returned..fish 2 and 5 deep throated the patchinko and bled heavy
2 great lures lost...
1 very happy angler
Soft Plastics remain dry..there's always tomorrow and teh day after and after..
WOOHOO

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Cracking session you had yourself there Jim! Well done. Shame on losing the lures, but sounds like they'd earned their keep.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Red letter day , well done Jim , got the heart pumping i'll bet.
Its hard to make the transition from hard to soft when you're nailing them like that, especially if the fish are at range. Still getting the odd fish here and there myself but nothing that frantic for over a month now , looking at your exploits gives me optimism that a big catch is still possible , thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great stuff Jim,a brilliant session,taking fish off the top at this time of year is a great achievement.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Serious session repect............. hope the weather holds for a few days .....................

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great session fairplay, Ive been putting a waterford session off for a few days now......The deise is calling me in the morning me thinks.

Tight lines keep the reports flowing!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
thanks for all the comments guys..heading out again this morning..expections are high..prolly blank :)

Well Jim. Super stuff! Keep it up, that magical specimen is only a cast away!
Alan..was thinking after..woulda swopped all these fish for 1 double..the magic 10lbs..maybe today eh

regards Grizz

edit...gotta visit Cain fer a new zonk...hehee

1 - 20 of 29 Posts