The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 'tuf line' thats available ?

What does everyone think,I'm maybee looking for something thinner than my .23PP 20lbs but it has to as user friendly as the PP etc.
They claim that its 'wind knot' proof and designed for fixed spool reels etc.

Anyone know any more as I want to go thinner on the Branzino spool.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Has anyone tried the 'tuf line' thats available ?

What does everyone think,I'm maybee looking for something thinner than my .23PP 20lbs but it has to as user friendly as the PP etc.
They claim that its 'wind knot' proof and designed for fixed spool reels etc.

Anyone know any more as I want to go thinner on the Branzino spool.

Yes, I have and I found to have very similar properties to Power Pro. However, as far as I remember it was not any thinner than PP in a comparable braking strain.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
It is what Snowbee UK have replaced PP with since they lost the wholesale of PP to Shimano. I too would like to hear if its as good or better than PP, its at a pretty good price everywhere.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It is what Snowbee UK have replaced PP with since they lost the wholesale of PP to Shimano. I too would like to hear if its as good or better than PP, its at a pretty good price everywhere.
Quit a few pike lure anglers I know have been using TUF Line for a long time and they have been nothing but happy with it. This, in addition to my own trials dating back a few years is as much I can tell you about it.

Reactions: Mick Ward

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have the 15kg tuf line on my saltist30h ive found it really nice to cast no differnent to mono for casting , knots pretty well too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts