The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
put it in a rating? Can get a new one for a really good price (160€) but would like to know if its worth this or if I better go for a rarenium CL4 4000FA?
Want to use it on my 8"6 sakura shukan.

Help appreciated very much here...

cheers
Thomas

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I recon the Rarenium might be a bit light on the Sakura and make the tip feel heavy. The Twin Power is a lovely reel and at a great price, it would match the rod well too. I think Simon Lewis has the Shukan and a rarenium, maybe he could try it on it and let you know

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Just strapped mine together. The centre of balance falls on the 'A' in 'SAKURA' on the name on the rod Thomas. So, slightly tip-heavy, but still a lovely light combo.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will say it first that balance can be a personal preferance.

For me I judge my rod balance by balancing the rod with reel fitted -- plus line using my index finger. I place the said unit on my fingure and the closer I can get my fingure to the front of the reel post the better (meaning the rod and reel would be horizantal to my physical vertical). The best match I have found so far is the Tenryu Injection 7' 3'' with a Cormoran Black Star 3000 IMHO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi Doc, i have recently had similar dilema... the twin power is better spec'd with water proof drag, stronger gears etc... 160 is a good price for a 2010 model... twin power is 60g heavier though...
my rarenium turned up this morn... i couldnt justify the extra cash. gonna be fitted to a quantum salsa spin... i might need to add weight to my butt...
monday looking ok here... will report back...

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/...cts_new/reels/front_drag/rarenium_ci4_fa.html

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/...oducts_new/reels/front_drag/twinpower_fc.html

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Myself, Danny,Pat and Creven all fish with the 4000 FC no real complaints and at that price its a steal....and have handled fish from 1lb bass to a 100lb halibut solid enough reel in my eyes.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.