The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
put it in a rating? Can get a new one for a really good price (160€) but would like to know if its worth this or if I better go for a rarenium CL4 4000FA?
Want to use it on my 8"6 sakura shukan.

Help appreciated very much here...

cheers
Thomas

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I recon the Rarenium might be a bit light on the Sakura and make the tip feel heavy. The Twin Power is a lovely reel and at a great price, it would match the rod well too. I think Simon Lewis has the Shukan and a rarenium, maybe he could try it on it and let you know

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Just strapped mine together. The centre of balance falls on the 'A' in 'SAKURA' on the name on the rod Thomas. So, slightly tip-heavy, but still a lovely light combo.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will say it first that balance can be a personal preferance.

For me I judge my rod balance by balancing the rod with reel fitted -- plus line using my index finger. I place the said unit on my fingure and the closer I can get my fingure to the front of the reel post the better (meaning the rod and reel would be horizantal to my physical vertical). The best match I have found so far is the Tenryu Injection 7' 3'' with a Cormoran Black Star 3000 IMHO.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx a lot till here. But how would you rate both reels in comparison to each other? Any advantage for saltwater fishing of one of them? Better brake, better inner parts? Better handle ^^ ?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi Doc, i have recently had similar dilema... the twin power is better spec'd with water proof drag, stronger gears etc... 160 is a good price for a 2010 model... twin power is 60g heavier though...
my rarenium turned up this morn... i couldnt justify the extra cash. gonna be fitted to a quantum salsa spin... i might need to add weight to my butt...
monday looking ok here... will report back...

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/...cts_new/reels/front_drag/rarenium_ci4_fa.html

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/...oducts_new/reels/front_drag/twinpower_fc.html

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Myself, Danny,Pat and Creven all fish with the 4000 FC no real complaints and at that price its a steal....and have handled fish from 1lb bass to a 100lb halibut solid enough reel in my eyes.....

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Forgot to mention that pat fishes the same rod as you named in the above post delighted with the combination....

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I've no personal experience with the twin power but I've heard that some suffer from premature bail arm closure (during casting)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I've no personal experience with the twin power but I've heard that some suffer from premature bail arm closure (during casting)
Sure do Adrian thankfully we have been alright.................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts