The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put in 90 minutes or so at a low water mark where I've never had any joy before. Arrived about half an hour after low to find that a slight easterly was stirring it up a bit. After a few casts a moment's lapse of concentration resulted in a lost Super Spook with no sign of a bass.

Looking around I could see a small outcrop that, with the easterly, formed a small bay with flatter water. Having got there I clipped on a small popper. On the second cast, directly into the setting sun, the instant I began to work the lure a fish took it. It dived and headed left towards the end of the outcrop I was on. A short fight resulted in a bass of 46.5cm.

In the next half hour I had one more hit and a follow.

As the sun was starting to touch the horizon a bass hit the stationary lure but missed.I immediately twitched the popper and bang, fish on.It too went left but further and deeper. Once it surfaced I was able to bring it along the top of a gully to my feet. This one was 50cm.

By now the rising tide was threatening to cut me off so I called it a night.

It was a wonderful evening to be out under the cliffs, let's hope there's a few more of them to follow.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice work Andy, I was out further west of you (other side of brighton) but all I could find was plenty of little schoolies.
Well done on a couple a decent bass.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice one Andy! I must get down there again!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Given the slight upturn in Sussex Bass action, we ought to get all the local pluggers together for a meet before the season ends. Then go and have a decent breakfast (whatever the time)!! Anyone interested?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andrew I am up for a meet, seems to be a few more bass about. Lets hope the settled weather continues until the weekend at least.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hopefully, I will be able to come along now things have started to settle down at home. A few bass, good company and a breakfast would be great.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim - it was an absolute joy to be out there. The cliffs were changing colour with the setting sun and the sea was clear, which has been rare round here for the past 3 months. The bass were a very pleasant bonus.

Robert - short sessions with a flooding tide and into the setting sun are one of my favourite ways to go bassing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts