The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One positive thing to be gained so far, is that it is happening. At a slow pace granted, but still its there. I didnt go to the daiwa show this year, but did the shimano and masterline ones, strangely enough it was the masterline one that had more new lures on show. Its all good getting import stuff, but has anyone actually had a warranty issue yet? Yes, the Uk needs access to the more modern gear, how to go about it is a different matter I guess.

I for one would like to see a UK based Lure Show, gaining interest for new brands and companies for all over. Something that makes the Uk big players, ie daiwa & shimano etc take note and say yes there is a market and we will supply it...Its almost like speaking to a rep and saying yes i'll have this and that etc, oh and btw the way I ordered 25 of your reels import and you dont get a penny from that.

It would be interesting to gather a list of all those things that have brought over and supplied and say to those here, this is the market, this can be your market. I can see it now...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZWNOm4r2k

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Blimey Mike, he even looks like you. :aarrg:

I can see you now ontop Pulpit rock with a thousands pluggers all standing below, red rods in hand, ahhh what a sight to behold.

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol andy, not me doing the speech though.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I for one would like to see a UK based Lure Show
me too.

Promoters of such an event don't necessarily need to be established already though.
What you need are, people who know the market to set it up. Most current promoters
and marketeers are blind to it imho.

I can see you now ontop Pulpit rock with a thousands pluggers all standing below, red rods in hand
I'd do that. No hang up's at all in fact. If you are completely confident in your presentation, not alot can go wrong.
Not all about promoting red rods either. Not everyone can afford them and, modern lure fishing shouldn't mean
expensive lure fishing. Not as a pre requisite anyway.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
myfish said:
Not all about promoting red rods either. Not everyone can afford them and, modern lure fishing shouldn't mean
expensive lure fishing. Not as a pre requisite anyway.
Quite agree Keith, i just had this image in my head LOL

·
Registered
379 Posts
Once one of the bigger names becomes slightly interested, then maybe the thought of the other company's loosing a position on a prospective market will pull them in, Its the competition between the big boys that really starts to move things along.
Its back to the old chicken egg dilema, proving there is a market before one is properly established. Anything that can inch this forward would be great. Plugs was Diawa interested in sponsoring the Weymouth Festival?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Marketing is the way forward,
Guys if any of you bag a good fish, make sure that you take some pics. And get them sent in to magazines. it one of the best chances to show there is a market out there.
Anything that raises the profile of lure fishermen will in time work in our favour.

·
6,295 Posts
Guys I try to push our hobby in everything I say and write, yes its marketing but I honestly want it to happen for the good of our sport too. As Tunny said put in pictures of bass etc with the lures in the mouth, write to TSF and SA if you have time just asking questions about lure fishing, I get to anwser them see, and the more questions that get asked the more people start thinking more and more people are doing lure fishing. Its a constant push that tires the resistance, it doesnt have to be an out and out attack (we have experienced that kind of approach already and had to set this forum up to get away from it), it just needs constant preasure. The tide is turning, its a slow one but its coming.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Tunny said:
Marketing is the way forward,
Guys if any of you bag a good fish, make sure that you take some pics. And get them sent in to magazines. it one of the best chances to show there is a market out there.
Anything that raises the profile of lure fishermen will in time work in our favour.
What we need is Henry on call for any photo opportunities!!!! Straight into the next Sea Angler and we can start the ball rolling......

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
We should bombard all the Angling Mags with pics of our fish especially the C&R side, stating which lures we caught on and where we got them. You usually get a short write up with each pic so we just need to put the right spin with the pics and we can let people know you can catch bass on lures a lot more readily than many would believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.