The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice going Ben. The site is looking cracking now more stuff is getting loaded on. I like the latest Ecogear stuff, have managed to control myself not to purchase owt yet, but you'll soon be packing up a box of shiny to send to Jsy!

I assume those Ultimate bags are used when you don't have to do any wading? 90% of my fishing would involve that bag taking a proper soaking

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice going Ben. The site is looking cracking now more stuff is getting loaded on. I like the latest Ecogear stuff, have managed to control myself not to purchase owt yet, but you'll soon be packing up a box of shiny to send to Jsy!

I assume those Ultimate bags are used when you don't have to do any wading? 90% of my fishing would involve that bag taking a proper soaking
Mark,

You are right it wil be used for some light fishing days where you dont need much gear not that I got tat much anyway. I waiting on **** to get the Sakura Trek bag in stock for those wading sessions.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks Meirion! I was in the background when Jo was talking you through it, so obviously recognised the name. Glad it got there so quickly. Nice when that happens!! :)

You're right. The bags are absolutely spot on for general fishing, but hanging a bit below your waist, they'll take the odd bit of water if you're too doing much wading. Brilliantly designed though. For the price I think they're immense. I've said to loads of people actually, I think Ultimate almost missed a trick by releasing them in such a low price range. They could have been made semi-waterproof and of some pretty hardcore materials - but in the same layout - and they'd have sold loads, even at twice the price. Brilliant!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Does anyone make a bag like that that is waterproof(ish)? I'm using the rapala sling bag which is great but it's not waterproof and does get wet from spray,splashes, etc. It doesn't dry well because it's salt water and so all my lures are constantly exposed to damp salty water even when in their boxes, same with camera, scales etc. I dont want a big, shoulder type bag, just a relatively small over-one-shoulder type.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Not that I know of Adrian. To be honest the top of mine generally stays open while fishing, just for quick access, but if the bottom half at least was waterproof, wading up to your waist would be less of a problem. The Snowbee waist packs could be worth a look. Nowhere near as big though.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ordered one of these bags from Ben at Art of Fishing at 2pm yesterday, was on my door step at 8am. Fantatsic service cheers Ben.

http://www.artoffishing.co.uk/fishing-tackle/ultimate-sling-bag/7f2e32834a/61e1cl44d5
I got one off MrFish before the Weymouth festival & gave it a good test.Normally i would take more than 2 medium lure boxes,but as this bag has a great protected hook area for pre rigged softies, 2 boxes was enough.Handy bottle holder on one side & a pocket on the other for my hip flask.
Perfect for dry rockhopping.Only prob with it in Weymouth was the lure forum ruler would'nt fit in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts