The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had an interest in UL tackle for over thirty years now and during that time have picked up a few bits and pieces along the way that a few on here might find interesting with LRF on the CI being so popular. This just a small part of a growing collection....

LRF casting jigs, tail spins and squid imitations

Older stuff here, Rebel Crayfish have caught me lots of schoolies, tadfry, snapbeans, rapala/bluefox and bass pro minnows

Mainly trout ultralights, some of them are Daiwa Presso, some are Tackle House I believe and I have no idea who makes the little popper!

Aussie bream lures, mainly Halcos. I switched to soft plastics as tackle losses were quite high and these aren't cheap!

All bar the top left two are Atomic. I caught lots of flathead, bream and even a few flatfish on these in Australia. The two on the bottom right are what I have caught flounder on here.

Rapala, Rat-L-Trap and Renosky. I am sure these would work in the deeper harbours for pollack, wrasse etc

My best fish so far on UL kit, a silver trevally (I think!) close to 4lb. It took around twenty minutes to get out though while fishing for bream with finesse bass rod, 6lb Fireline and a 2in Atomic soft plastic. If you think bass fight hard on light gear these are in a different league. For reference the reel is a 2500 size Daiwa.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Awesome man.

not toys.

In fact, you know my views on small lures can catch big fish and small yet big lures are often too selective.

Great collection, go get em wet or send em here for a workout.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant! great looking stuff Mike! Some's quite similar to stuff on my shopping list at the mo, but you're obviously years ahead. Can imagine some of those Spin Sonics at the top could have been useful for you last night Keith? Flapping around as they fall...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I love it Mike. We all need a new kit bag and boxes full of lures this year, we're all in so so much trouble. Thanks for sharing the info.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hey Mike - some lovely stuff there - thanks for sharing!

Definately not toys and such a huge range of applications - I need to lighten up some of my gear for the season start, I reckon that some of those small plastics fished on the drift ont eh kayak would be the ticket!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Right Mike,
First thing-SWEET trevally mate, a four pounder on UL would be like Sailfish on 20lb, a real test of your angling skills-fantastic on the barbeque as well.
Second thing-where are all the rest-I have seen loads more than that!!! GET THEM WET!! What about those killer mini vibs you have-They would be awesome. Bin the boxes, get them wet and I will take the pics of you holding the fish.

oh and that popper is (I think) a Bassdays Crystal Popper-The one I was talking about for Mackerel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts