The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surfing for some of the above for the LRF I found THESE at the right price i.e. cheap. Anyone with any knowledge of this product; would £20 worth be a waste of hard earned? I'm not Mr tight-wad, just crap products that fall apart annoy the hell out of me...

Also found a load at SOVEREIGN , comparitively huge selection and not a lot of experience \ wouldn't know where to start. Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Should be alright Tim. To be honest I've had much more positive takes on soft baits so far, although I have caught plenty on hard baits, small vib baits have proven better than smaller minnows. They will have their uses though. Just like bass fishing over shallow ground, these types of baits will probably come in to their own in shallower water or like you had the other night - when they're feeding near the surface. Worth a punt though probably just so that you can see for yourself and work out how and when you find them useful.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I had in mind Ben - the sub-surface whiting, just not too sure which to give a try. The pike lures look a bit too cheap or maybe the Sovereign assortment is overpriced???

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Not too sure to be honest. Being pike lures I imagine they must be reasnoably made?! Salmo have been around for years. I want to get some tiny surface lures next.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the input Ben, I'll have to have a punt on some of each, what the hell, pay day's just been round! Let me know about your quest for the surface lures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts