The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have mentioned it before, I regularly get emails from singapore and places like that asking if I will send some Branzinos or Stellas to them. They always want about 5 of them and insist on paying with credit card and also insist on having DHL or UPS to deliver them. So here is another one I got today, I will be sharing the corospondence with you lot, this should be fun....

Here is the email I have just recieved....
--------
Name: Danang Wibowo
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 6571819122

Comment: Hello There,

I have a question about your shop.
Can you make a shipment to singapore and accept credit card for payment?

Please confirm me by email with your shipping and payment policy for international orders to singapore.

Best Regards,
Danang Wibowo

--------

And here is my response..

Dear Danang,

We can deliver anywhere in the world. We use DHL or UPS, what ever you prefer. What items are you interested in? Where exactly are you located?

Regards,

M. Ward

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Can I have half a dozen Branzino reels, a selection of tenryu rods, and a couple of bags of plugs-I promise this credit card number isn't dodgy honest!!!

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I have already had a response.....

--------

How about the payment? Can you accept credit card payment directly?

Thanks and regards,
Danang

--------

And here is my reply.....

Hi Danang

Yes I accept payment by any major credit card

Can you let me know exactly what you require and how many?

Many thanks,

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok just had the return email, its hotting up now......

-------

We need Tenryu Jigging rod Jig-zam and shimano Stella 10000PG can you looking it for me?

Thanks,
Danang

-----

My response,

Hi,

Yes that is no problem, the Tenryu Jigging rods like the Tenryu Rage are £500.00, and I can do the Shimano reels for £600.00, that is a very good price. Is it just one of each that you want?

Regards,

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK he is back.....

-------

Yes, we just need one for this set.
For the Tenryu can you please let me know the Max jig? And the Max PE use?

Thanks,
---------

My reply;

Hi, The Rage jigs up to 130g but I have lots of Tenryu rods here that can jig up to any weight, what jig weight do you require?

Regards,

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His response,
-----
We need Jig up to 350gr

Thanks,
Danang
-----

Mine;

I will sugest the Tenryu Foudroyante, it will jig up to 500g but is more comfortable with 350g.

Regards,

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really hope this guys isnt for real!! I know he isnt but imagine if he is for real ha ha. I am about to hit him with the bomb shell, he will crap himself when he reads my next email.....

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
**** . . . this is Danang from Ebbw Vale. Can you send me a Stella 4000 & a Red Luck Top Water please. My brother from Singapore will call you in a minute with my credit card number.

;)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
O **** this certainly would amuse you passing the day in work,,

·
Registered
843 Posts
You would be amazed what requests we get in work. The latest is they claim to be a doctor and ask for a long stay in a suite. Their booking comes to £1000 plus then the same old rubbish starts.

Can I pay you £3000 and can you refund the overpayment via cheque to an address.

Yes right oh I would love to send our cash to a bank account while you give me a dodgy c card. Then once the cheque clears and you empty the account we end up with a chargeback from a credit card company when Dai Jones in Neath who received his credit card statement found a stay in a hotel he never made.

Always free email address, google, yahoo, hotmail etc

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well I am ok. I can pay with a legit credit card for every Tenyu rod ***** got. I have just had an email from a fella from the United Nations telling me that they need my help in processing $18m and my cut will be 20%. I am rich!!!!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Working in the Food Industry, the scam we get is people claiming that they have found foreign objects in their food. Some of my favorites i've encountered would include . . . . . .

1) A Brass Door Handle (barely fitted in the packet of crisps).
2) A Snail in a bag of crisps.
3) Razor Blade (quite a common one).
4) A Golf Tee, with some turf still stuck to it.
5) A Maggot in a pack of rice (that one was just last week - lab analysis showed no maggots present).
6) Glass (pretty common).
7) £1 coin.
8) Tooth (yeh, right).

The list goes on.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
.....you mean some people dont tell the truth?!!!

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
His response.....

Sounds Good.
Let me know the total cost including shipping and handling to Singapore by Fedex International Priority.
How you will ship the rod? Do ou have the Tube for safety?

Thanks,

And here is mine....

Hi Danang,

The total price for the rod and reel will be £1125, and the postage with Fedex is £150. But I have some good news for you, my brother is the ex chief of police here in Jersey, and he is very good friends with Khoo Boon Hui, who was the commisionaire of police in Singapore until recently. They meet once or twice a year to go fishing together and they are meeting in Singapore next week for a few days fishing together. I have forwarded your email address to Khoo and he will contact you soon, he is retired too so he can arange to meet you and give you the rod and reel, there will be no Fedex charge as my brother will bring the rod and reel with him next week. You do not need to send me the money, My brother and Khoo will collect the money when you meet them.

Can you forward your address and phone number and Khoo will call you today, I think he will be emailing you anyway.

Thank you for this business, if you need anymore help just let me know,

Regards,

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ha ha!! I cant wait for the next installment!!

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still quiet?? How wierd eh.

I have just sent him this....

Hi Danang,

Is that all ok with you? Can you forward your address please? My brother says if you want to go fishing with him and Khoo you are more than welcome, Khoo has a beautiful big boat, you can try your new jigging rod and reel.

Waiting for your address,

Kind regards,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts