The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day started early , launched by 07.15am a chilly morning forcast NW2-3 , Sea mist ( fog ) patches ....
Anyway we are off around to the S/E coast stopping & starting at anything that looked worth a chuck ... tide hight 26ft which is not great !! not much movement ,
However we carried on moving about over great ground , still not a sign of a fish , last week we had a large bait ball being smashed by bass .. and were not far off it so plugs out approch said spot must be bass here heads everywhere , casting off the pointy end was **** using the OSP Rudra, me im on the baby feed shallow mullet ,
Weird we watch a small boat about 100yds ahead of us frantically up anchoring , casting at all angles still no takes when the boat approches !! **** still casting towards the reef when suddenly up pops a bloody diver ( spearfishing ) the look on his face how close was he to being hooked 200lbs of angry diver on the OSP , me waiting with the boga !!!!!!!!! time to move .
So further around the S/E we went , another great mark no far from where i got my pb last year , first cast bang got a hit missed the hook up garfish me thinks , so cast again same spot retrieved slowly wallop fish on first time take 1st Bass of the year for me a couple more casts bang fish on 2nd bass with **** casting behind where i got the hook up bass number 3 , magic stuff not big fish but bass all the same , we move to see how Nelson has got on
1 bass 2 mackeral said Nelson thats it !!!! start casting over this mark bass on number 3 for me totaly made up ...
Then the damn fog comes in thick as pig **** cold, wind picking up , time to call it a day run for home ,
So 4 bass all around the 2lb mark , sorry no pics just wanted to keep fishing , so maybe next time the camera will come out ......

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Bob, well done on the fish and a shame you couldn't have stayed out longer, oh yeh, **** had fish as well, well done **** :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done Bob - good to get up and running....

·
Registered
20 Posts
well done guys. I had a try out west from Brelades to Corbiere this morning but blanked. Not a sign. :cry: Just on my way in when fog bank hit. Quite eery !!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
That fog is wierd, I only made one mistake on the way back, you have to trust the GPS and forget your built in radar in your mind, its really wierd, fly by wire almost. The vis got down to about 100 meters tops, very strange when rocks just appear out of the mist and you dont recognise them. Anyway we all made it back safe and sound and it was a nice morning with my mates, albeit a bit cold. Well done Bob, fair play for sticking with the baby Feed Shallow, a lure that doesnt get enough use, too many bloody lures thats our problem.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The edge of the fog bank across the bay level with Noirmont was like a wall at the west end. Viz was down to 50 to 100m. Horrible stuff.

In any case I didn't fancy the shipping lanes with Condor coming through, or meeting the gin palace I saw flying around at 25knots over the Pignonet reefs hooting a fog horn. Like that's going to help!

I heard the outgoing Condor calling in to say it was taking the Western passage (out toward Passage Rock and WSW) and later it reported viz of a tenth of a n.mile south of Corbiere.

·
Registered
498 Posts
nice one bob good read, know a bloke got he's first boat and he's off to france no training what so ever, "il be ok got my gps" ok i said fog comes down quick your battrey packs up or the HANDHELD gps ends up in the water and you cant use a compass, "dont get much fog in the summer" silly boy it all end in tears

·
Registered
932 Posts
"**** still casting towards the reef when suddenly up pops a bloody diver ( spearfishing ) the look on his face how close was he to being hooked 200lbs of angry diver on the OSP , me waiting with the boga !!!!!!!!!" :lol:

I can see it now after **** horses him in, you leaning over and clipping the boga on to the blokes bottom lip and him screaming "what the f**k are you doing!?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts