The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tucking into an ice cold one after a day out the reef...

Went fishing today with a bloke who was actually called Chocolatte!!

Species caught today - 4 different types of snapper - biggest about 4kgs, Jacks, Grunters, a small tuna and a Bull Shark of about 15kgs. This place is bloody amazing..

Please allow me to indulge in a little one that got away story. Spent about 40 minutes attached to a fish this afternoon. I can not tell you how bloody strong this thing was. Didn't really make any impression on it if truth be told. Had to swop the rod 4 or 5 times with Chocolatte. He thought that it was a 'Jew Fish' or big Grouper - all I know is that it could pull. My man reckons that it was at least 100kgs - bloody big fish. I have a photo of Chocolatte having a crack at it which I will upload with other photos when I get back to Blighty.

The best is yet to come - off on Thursday with my main man Chocolatte to fish the flats, he has promised Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon.

Gentlemen, sell your kidneys, your wives or children, do whatever you need to do but you need to get out here, as someone said " they pull hard out here..."
:wackit:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Greg,

Sounds amazing, can't wait for you to post the pictures :jump:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great to hear your enjoying yourself Capt,
The tropics are a great place to fish. Wait until you hook a tarpon!!!
Can't wait to hear all about when your back, make sure you grab some contact details for your guide.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Stunning report, Greg and you are making us all sick with envy - it's 3 degrees, grey and cloudy here today :(
Will be keen to see the pictures, but I am not sure you are making any friends with your tales of tropical fishing paradise :bangin:
My missus has been to Belize in the past (not fishing btw!) and reckons it is an amazing place. Be interesting to know how it compares to other destinations in terms of costs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts