'Varivas Avani Sea Bass Max Power' Alternative? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

'Varivas Avani Sea Bass Max Power' Alternative?

Discussion in 'Lines' started by {name}, May 13, 2017.

1. Mackerel

My father is interested in purchasing a new braid, I myself use Varivas Avani Sea Bass Max Power Tracer in #1.2PE, and he likes this very much. However a disadvantage of this braid is the 150m spool. Do you know of any alternatives that are of a very similar quality to this braid, however come in a spool of 200m+? I am currently looking at the Varivas Super 8 PE in #1.5, but there is not many reviews on this braid. Any recommendations?
    Thanks

2. Wrasse

Lewis, like you I am a fan of the Varivas Avani Sea Bass Max Power. I reckon it is the best braid out there, if a little pricey. I am intrigued as to why you think a 150 mtr spool is a disadvantage?

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

3. Striper

It's my favourite 20lb braid too

4. Bass

Can't he just use a little more backing, 150m is a very long cast. I will use 150m over 2 seasons, just take it off and turn it round and it's good as new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mackerel

I'm really not sure, maybe he just had a bead season last year, but the 150m of power pro super slick 8 he bought is now looking very low when casting a 28g metal into 50ft water. I guess one way around it I didn't think of is just using some good backing and connecting it to the braid with an FG knot, then I guess if it does go into the backing it should be fine.

6. Wrasse

The daiwa j braid is not a bad shout for £20 for 300m.
    If not the ygk ultra castman/jigman comes in 200/300m and is as good as anything I've ever used but comes at a cost.
    Varivas make good line I'm sure the super Pe will be decent stuff, or, even a spool of super slick in 300m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1