The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
They look good in the pictures but I didn't even know they made rods. Not silly money either. The LRF rods are very lightweight too.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Hmm, the 'Night Raider' have some interesting light ratings. The descriptions wouldnt translate on my work pc though..

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Veeeeeeery pretty!! :-D

·
Registered
716 Posts
I did play around with a Varivas rod last year, can't for the life of me remember what model it was - something along the lines of the Seaside Rambler one I think..........it was not what we might call a "modern lure rod" at all, far more like a typical UK style salmon spinning rod. A few chucks and it went back from whence it came.

That's not to say that Varivas don't do some rods we would like for our fishing, but it's hard to find out which ones are most applicable. I am sure they do stuff we should be seeing.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
it was not what we might call a "modern lure rod" at all, far more like a typical UK style salmon spinning rod.
Herein lies the current problem.

What is.."A modern lure rod".

When we had the RB270, that definition seemed clear.

Now, with all the great rods and individual actions and lengths available, there is much choice but, it is still a choice of rods that don't fit the 'British Spinning' label.

You wait until you see what rods we are using for LRF. Not uk spinning rods in the remotest sense but, also completely different to the picture many have perceived as 'Modern'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.