The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally managed to hookup some fish with the new varivas rod, its a pleasure to use and so far has handled all thats been used on it. Works the smaller surface lures well and is actually more versatile than I originally thought.

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a strange one Si, it handled all the minnows that I used upto 130mm the other night, 8' 8" lures 5-20g. Strange in a good way and that it can be used for LRF as I did and the detection felt fine. Def another wolf in sheep's clothing.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Ahh ok, not the one i was initially thinking of - i think that i saw that range though recently.

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Si, there maybe others that come with this one but one thing for sure when paired with a 3000 Rarenium the combined weight is insane, and very comfortable to use.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well I did manage to sneak a ccast or two with the rod whilest in Weymouth, and I have to say I was very impressed. Match with Mike's Rarenium it was a beautifully lightweight set up. It worked a patchinko100 really well. As Mike has said it definately felt that it had the backbone there if needed for a big bass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts