The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

going back to brilliant campsite we stayed at last year in Vendee (France) this campsite is famous for it's well stocked three fishing lakes and it's pike stocks. So what sort of tackle, rigs, plugs, am i going to need, i really fancy catching a pike or two whilst on holiday, any suggestions greatly appreciated in advance.

Mr. Brown.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Karl, well it depends on what type of fishing you want to catch them with!

Spinning - spoons, mepps size 4(any colour) is all you need.

Lures - dirty water i would use bright lures such as the Rapala firetiger, clear water use surface poppers with a very loud rattle, i know the lakes over there are huge so you realy got to get their attention.

Dead baits- not sure about the laws regarding dead baits over there but smelt is a real good bait, float fished with the cheap florecent floats ( u no the ones you can get i any fishing shop!)

ledgered baits- well the best i have used is eel section or if you can get it over their is lamprey.

Live bait - if permitted, catch some roach in the lake, they are the staple diet of the pike in most lakes and prob their fav too!

http://www.hooklinks.co.uk/pike/navigation2/pikeframe.html?=crimtrace1.

Lots of great info on this site. ( will make more sence than me too:-D)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Karl, Dont forget about the bass either - the Vendee coast is defo worth a cast or two. Went to Les Ecureuils at Jardin-sur-mer a few years ago and the coast there was pretty basstastic ;-)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Karl,

There is a great reef to fish at low tide to the left of Sion beach. Sion is between St John de Mont and St Gille Criox de Vie. There is also the river mouth at St Gille. Both Marks great for Bass.

when are you there? I may be there in late July - early August if you fancy a session.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vendee

hi guy's

thanks for for the replies, i will be there last week in August and the first week in September. The campsite we will be staying at is La Garangeoire, i will be taking my sea gear but, am interested what plugs would be useful on the lakes. However we are not far from St. Giles so thanks for that tip.

Karl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts