The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
This one is for the south east of england. I am looking for venues really. Harbours, piers, breakwaters whatever. Ideally without a river flowing out through them, or venues known for clear water. Access as close to water level as possible would help, but not essential.
Top of my list to try is Dover, which hopefully I will get across to shortly. But is there anywhere else worth looking at???

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Hi Dave, I think that you have probably given seaford a go, but have you tried the lattice jetty at Newhaven? access is from the station side.
Birling gap on the way to Eastbourne, under the light house at E/bourne. There is also an area by the side of St.Bedes school E/bourne (if you check with Andrew I'm sure he will know these marks). Another mark that I know can fish well is the rocky end of Winchelsea. Hope this helps, go give it a bumble.

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Dave, you must think I'm a tit giving you marks for bass at this time of year,I should have known better really as I'm following your exploits with LRF with great interest.
Still all that aside Newhaven pier and the lattice pier may be of some interest to you. I've never tried at Eastbourne marina but that may be worth a quick look. If you are going towards Dover then maybe folkstone pier and Samphire Ho could hold some interest to you. I've a friend who fishes that area (on bait) next time I speak with him I'll get some info and pass it on.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Pete,
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately Eastbourne Marina (like Brighton) seems to have a no fishing rule, which is a shame as either would be perfect. Will have a look at your other ideas, fingers crossed one of them will be suitable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts