The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been thinking of replacing all my kit over the next 12 months, always favoured having specific rods for differing situations. I have the others sorted and listed just need to save the cash now.
Only rod that remains is a bad weather heavier rod so i have been looking at this cormoron

http://www.mrfishjersey.com/fishing-rods/cormoran/cormoran-maro-power-240-20-60g.html

Does anyone have experience of using this rod? will be using for hard platics only usualy in windy conditions.
Thanks guys;-)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Mike, I have this rod and it was my first proper lure rod. The casting weight is slightly overstated in my book but is perfectly good for the majority of lures available to us and will get them out in the worst of the weather. The blank is not as good as my Supermix but the Cormoran cost a third of the price. Reel seat and rings are reasonable quality and despite my sometimes limited washing down, have survived tarnish free to date.

Overall I think it excellent value for the money and I doubt you will regret getting one.

Reactions: Mike Sullivan

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that Andrew appreciated, i have tried a couple of the cormoron rods and i was realy impressed. Was a little worried about the 20-60 rating though i feel a little happier now i have rods to cover HRF and soft plastics though i wanted a dedicated distance rod, for when nature isn't playing ball.
All in due course i will get a collection of slightly better rods though i have to sneak tham past the missus...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts