The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has had or is using Vision Flywater waders. Or vision waders in general , Any good ?
I have been looking for a pair of waders with good breathability as a number of marks that I frequent are a fair trek, and these waders according to the manufacturer have greater breathability than others of a similar price. I appreciate that I would probably be sacrificing some durability but am prepared for that... within reason.

Also most of the ground that I fish is over seaweed/rock/lichen, am I correct in assuming that studded felt soles are that type that I should be getting. Its just I noticed alot of peeps on here seem to have gone for the rubber sole on the Greys Platinum. Any reason or are they fishing differnt ground etc

thanks
paul

·
Registered
849 Posts
Never tried the vision waders myself, I use orvis pro guides myself but the vision ones seem okay from what I've seen.
Whichever "breathable" waders you buy, you'll sweat in them on a hot day though, specially if you are walking a lot. Hot days when the water is warm enough - wet wade, get some neoprene socks and you can still use your boots comfortably.

With regards to boot soles though, Personally I prefer the rubber soles with studs. I have a pair of Simms Rivershed boots with tungston carbide (I think) studs and I wouldn't be without them, pricey but well worth the money, fantastic lightweight boot. They grip anything, just dont over-do the studs.

Trout fishermen are moving away from felt soles now, unfortunately felt soles can harbour deseases which can be transferred from river to river or lake. Bacteria can be soaked up in the felt and carried to other locations spreading various nasties that can devastate local fish populations. In some parts of America they are banned altogether and many Manufacturers out there are moving away from felt completely. I wouldn't buy felt again to be honest, I have every confidence in my rubber soles providing they have decent studs in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts