The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Alex,do all vs have the holes directly under the braid?If so do you ever get grease washed through on to the braid?Sorry if its daft question.
cheers daz

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Alex judging by his review of the Saltiga, if there is a drop of oil out of place he'll have spotted it.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
As discussed before, the line lay can be fixed by profiling.
TBH, it doesn't make that much difference. A difference yes, but significant ? no.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
With all due respect guy’s although it is a very nice piece of kit certainly useful for many techniques I do think this reel have some very, very limited areas of use within UK lure fishing.

The reel is built for some very different and a lot more powerful species that we can expect to catch around our shores. It has a line capacity of no less than 340 yards 12Ib mono (350 yards 30Ib braid) and according to the Van Staal website it weighs a whopping 22.5oz/630 grams.

http://www.vanstaal.com/VM150_reels.htm

·
Registered
949 Posts
Alex,do all vs have the holes directly under the braid?If so do you ever get grease washed through on to the braid?Sorry if its daft question.
cheers daz
Hi Daz, from what I've heard these reels are well sealed so I suspect if this happened then the reel might have blown one.
I'd have to agree with Vidar - 22oz sounds way too heavy for what we do anyway.
Cheers,
Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts