The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got any ideas no matter how weird or woderfull that you just havn't tried and wouldnt mind sharing for others to try if they want?

heres one. Bovril as a scent paste?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well I have used Bovril, marmite and many other 'wacky' scents for carp but not tried with lures, freshwater or salt. Interesting idea though. Although we know that several senses are used with lure fishing I struggle to see how scent plays that much of a part in a moving bait although I accept many softies such as Xlayers have a scent implanted. It cant do any harm!

Havent tried or thought of anything else!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Are we limiting this to fishing Calum or are you looking for some ideas for pleasuring yourself??? If so I would advise you make a start on sheep love if you're coming over for the Welsh Bumble at Bosh in January. We'll get you a christmas sheep sent over if you like.............:-D:-D

I am sure Stevie would be glad to give you some tips on techniques...........;-);-)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweets as lures like those snakes

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know it has crossed my mind before but what a good idea where's steve when you need him

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Don't worry Calum he won't be far away...he has this sixth sense where sheep lurv is concerned.......:wink::wink:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Callum I started writing a list but some of it is already work in progress and some of it is far too secret squirrel to share. I'll tell you when I see you.

Nice pollack today BTW.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Fishing wise I have come up with loads of non starters over the years. I used to have a Husky Jerk that swam really badly to one side, then I realised if I cast it to my right I could actually use its bad swimming derection to swim out towards a reef. I worked properly but I didnt catch on it. Maybe lures that do not swim staight in on purpose, so you can cover two reefs that are not in line. See what I mean, crap.

Generally some of my "inventions" that never got off the ground were pretty good. For one; Black plasters, plasters for black people, I mean a white skin coloured plaster looks daft on a dark chap. I reckon its good enough for Dragons Den, here is my black "non racist" plasters, any shop that only sells white plasters are racist and should be burnt down. See, every shop in the world would have to stock the black ones. If any of you do this then please just pass me one of your millions :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I was thinking about a year back about trying little soft lures for bass, Bloney good thing i didn't waste my time with that then!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Are we limiting this to fishing Calum or are you looking for some ideas for pleasuring yourself??? If so I would advise you make a start on sheep love if you're coming over for the Welsh Bumble at Bosh in January. We'll get you a christmas sheep sent over if you like.............:-D:-D

I am sure Stevie would be glad to give you some tips on techniques...........;-);-)
For a small charge I can provide some entertainment at the bumble :p

You know it has crossed my mind before but what a good idea where's steve when you need him
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, so beware :p

Don't worry Calum he won't be far away...he has this sixth sense where sheep lurv is concerned.......:wink::wink:
:wink:

Hes staring at his picture of that frozen over lake today thinking how things could have been !!
After travelling 35 miles, this is what I saw :sad:

No ****ing fishing today :eek:

oh no he just pm'd me some pics
There is a charge for them Callum :wink:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha ha I will pay you back in kind steve

1 - 20 of 37 Posts