Wader boots. | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Wader boots.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Accessories' started by {name}, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Sprat

Hello guys. After wader boots who have noticed that a few people are just using a cheap hikeing boot is this right. Anyone doing this been told not to bother with the wader boots. Thanks.

2. Striper

Nightmare subject!

Most fall apart before a season ends!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bass

I rinse mine in fresh water asap after a session and I've done three pairs in the last two seasons. The cheap ones are rubbish and the mid range are a bit better than rubbish. The lads who buy at the top end say they last a few seasons so it depends on budget really. I've got two pairs in use but when they're done I'll be looking at cheap 'disposables' with removable studs like the Supatracks which are excellent.

4. Bass

:lolsign:

Don't forget to check out the huge range of water boots/shoes from the Kayak world and also the huge range of approach shoes/boots from the Climbers world.........many are way cheaper than a pair of 'wading' boots and much more sturdy than a pair of el cheapo hiking boot :vdrunk:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sandeel

I use cheap walking boots from sports direct.My last pair have taken loads of abuse last year and are still going strong.I think they only cost me £20 so a bargain as well.
    Btw I'm not one for washing my gear down they just get chucked into the garage after use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Perch

I bought a cheap pair of working boots £18 done about 12 trips Comfortable but I do wish I had gone up two sizes rather than one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandeel

I took my waders into sports direct and tried the boots on wearing my waders,I got some strange looks but found a pair 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear fitted best.

8. Sea Trout 2015 Bass Challenge Winner 2016 Bass Challenge Winner

See Henry Gilbey's blog. He's wearing Dunlop work boots now. If you plan to follow his lead you'd better get some quick. They'll be rarer than hen's teeth in a month or so.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sprat

Lol did see that.

10. Sprat

I bet you did mate. Lol

11. Banned

I'm going disposable when mine die.
    At £20 a go I'll be happy if they last a season

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blanker

I use both, wider boots and hiking boots both, its depend on the place where I am going, last time I bought a pair of hiking boots from Valentine's Day promo codes at ReeCoupons, now this year I also saw many good stuff on there, now this time I am thinking to buy a wider shoes will show pics after buying.