The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been done before but I dont know if anyone can advise? I have a leak in my new breathable waders. I think the recommended stuff is Aquasure but do I patch the leak or just coat it? Do I repair from the inside or outside (or both)?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi,

Turn your waders inside out and coat the area around the hole with your Aqua seal and place your patch on top, don't be afraid to give a good coat to the area prior to putting on the patch. (When I say patch I am referring to the patch supplied with your waders, which is normally the same material as your waders).

The one thing I have learnt from repairing waders is to put a CD case on the oppisite side to the repaired section for two reasons.

1) Any excess glue ( Aqua Seal ) doesn't link through on to any other part of your waders or on your wifes work top...lol

2) Is so when you put a heavy (not to heavy just enough to keep the patched area nice and flat) flat object on top of the patch, But it also has a nice flat surface underneath.

The patch is sandwiched nicely between two flat surfaces.

This is how i do my waders and may not be the way others do theirs, hope this helps :)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Turn your waders inside out and coat the area around the hole with your Aqua seal and place your patch on top, don't be afraid to give a good coat to the area prior to putting on the patch. (When I say patch I am referring to the patch supplied with your waders, which is normally the same material as your waders).

The one thing I have learnt from repairing waders is to put a CD case on the oppisite side to the repaired section for two reasons.

1) Any excess glue ( Aqua Seal ) doesn't link through on to any other part of your waders or on your wifes work top...lol

2) Is so when you put a heavy (not to heavy just enough to keep the patched area nice and flat) flat object on top of the patch, But it also has a nice flat surface underneath.

The patch is sandwiched nicely between two flat surfaces.

This is how i do my waders and may not be the way others do theirs, hope this helps :)
Thanks for that Nathan. I just have to remember what i did with the patches that came with my waders!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts