The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all,

I have a pair of Snowbee Granite waders, the neoprene ones. The ones I have are the "FB" model which I assume stands for fat bloke :shock: .

Anyway, they are a pretty good fit on me, if a little snug depending how many sheep I ate for lunch and for someone 6 inches taller than me I can mange with some slack on the legs just fine.

BUT, they aren't half warm once you get moving about in them so no good for a walk or in the summer months when it's warmer.

So can anyone recommend waders for the larger bloke, preferably breathable ones, might have to go stockingfoot as I have a problem fitting my calves in normal style welly boots. most of the waders don't seem to have sizes other than the boot size and sometimes height??

Cheers

Andy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
Andy,

I purchased a pair of Ultra Zone T500 Breathable waders early last year and were possibly one of the best buys I have had, they are very comfortable and I don't get very warm in them. I like you, are a bit on the large size (fat basstard) and have short legs, I had them as a special offer with Sierra boots for £100 and purchased locally (no web site available)
I have done a search and come up with this :

http://sports.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_n ... acat=23824

I am sure you will get them elsewhere if you look :rollineyes: around the £60 mark :jump:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The XL might do, i'm normally a 48 chest in suit jackets but I like a bit of space. Will have a search.

The missus might be right. I need to exercise more. Best I go fishing!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
FishingGuernsey said:
Just found these: http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/br_gre ... offer.html

Why when they do XXL which would be an excellent fit getting my arse in, do they assume you have size 12 feet :bangin:

Does it matter with stockingfoot if the foot bit is huge on you?? I'm normally a 9 or sometimes one either side depending on style so 8 or 10.
The ones I said I had only came in one size on the foot, a little bit big for my size 9 but not a problem when the boots are on :jump:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
I thought that "FB" stod for Fat Bass-Tard :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
The Squid said:
I thought that "FB" stod for Fat Bass-Tard :lol: :lol: :lol:
It does if you have to buy that size, like me :muttley:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
bobjameson said:
stevelewis430101 said:
The Squid said:
I thought that "FB" stod for Fat Bass-Tard :lol: :lol: :lol:
It does if you have to buy that size, like me :muttley:

Fuller bodied sounds more polite steve :muttley:
Let's not be PC here Bob :muttley: when you are only 5'8 and weigh nearly 20 stone you are a Fat Basstard, plain and simples :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
FishingGuernsey said:
18 and a half thank you very much :aarrg:
Andy, i did mean me honest :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
Bob,

Here is a little story that might raise a smile :)

During a check up last year with a specialist for my Diabetes, he was telling me all good news about the tests I had done and asked my how I felt about my weight as it hadn’t changed since the last visit, this was my reply.

Doctor, I am aware that anorexics look in the mirror and see them selves as being fat, I must suffer from something similar but it has a different affect on me, when I look in the mirror I see a thin person standing there, malnourished and needing to eat, he glanced up from his note making , paused and then said “I will see you in 12 months, good bye Mr Lewis” so that was that, a clever man but no F***ing sense of humour.
:muttley:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Well you were right it raised a fit of the giggles

Just had some results back from blood tests, suspected Diabetes raised glucose levels after fasting .

Now all the tests have had to be done again , my stay in the grubber last wk 4 days on drips no food aahhh 10lb gone ??

Can see my toes again :rollineyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stevelewis430101 said:
FishingGuernsey said:
18 and a half thank you very much :aarrg:
Andy, i did mean me honest :lol: :lol: :lol:
We sound about the same then though I may be a tad shorter. When I had a medical for my works health insurance the other year my doc was filling out the bit about biuld type (thin, medoum etc). He crossed out large and wrote something else in, couldn't read doctor handwriting upside down, hard enough the right way round!! I prefer to call it "Guernsey" build. We all know what that means!! 28 or so inside leg but 5'7'' or so tall, it's all on the top half!! 48 chest and the beer gut is about the same.

Anyway, does that mean those wader you mentioned should fit me fine then?? We have limited choice locally so it's order and hope.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
mad one said:
Steve where did you buy the waders and boots from? was it tacklesmart or mainwearings?
Marc,

Tacklesmart, the deal is £100, waders and Scierra boots.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
FishingGuernsey said:
stevelewis430101 said:
FishingGuernsey said:
18 and a half thank you very much :aarrg:
Andy, i did mean me honest :lol: :lol: :lol:
We sound about the same then though I may be a tad shorter. When I had a medical for my works health insurance the other year my doc was filling out the bit about biuld type (thin, medoum etc). He crossed out large and wrote something else in, couldn't read doctor handwriting upside down, hard enough the right way round!! I prefer to call it "Guernsey" build. We all know what that means!! 28 or so inside leg but 5'7'' or so tall, it's all on the top half!! 48 chest and the beer gut is about the same.

Anyway, does that mean those wader you mentioned should fit me fine then?? We have limited choice locally so it's order and hope.
Andy, I think they will :jump:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
M.A.Downey said:
stevelewis430101 said:
Marc,

Tacklesmart, the deal is £100, waders and Scierra boots.
That sounds like a pretty good deal Steve..

Do you know when the offer ends??
I am going over there tomorrow before I go down the Gower for a chuck to get Adam a set, I will find out then and let you know :jump:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top