The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
6,081 Posts
softie said:
Have any of you considered this type of boot as a wading boot . Competitive price too.......shame they don't do them with felt soles ;)
Si,

What is your view on felt soles ! What are they good for, or bad ? My boots have felt soles and I find them OK for most of what I do, Slippery in the mud but otherwise Ok. Have been thinking about buying a walking type boot or shoe to wear with the waders !!!

· Premium Member
6,081 Posts
softie said:
stevelewis430101 said:
Si,

What is your view on felt soles ! What are they good for, or bad ? My boots have felt soles and I find them OK for most of what I do, Slippery in the mud but otherwise Ok. Have been thinking about buying a walking type boot or shoe to wear with the waders !!!
Hmm, for me, its felt all the way. I find them great for all types of rock, not great on the kelp....but then what is.....arse thumping on wet grass. I am quite hard on my boots although I keep them running with a wash off and patch up after every session.....I go through my share of aquaseal on the soles though......maybe its the aquaseal that gives me the grip :idea:
Yellow block vibram is ok for clean rock and obviously the approaches but I don't know where the felt/studs or rubber/studs fit in, those studs make heaps of noise on the rocks when your creeping up on your quarry :lol:
Hi Si,

That is fine for me ! Thought about studding them but as you say,I might as well have a megaphone when I approach !!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.