The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I can't recommend waist waders more highly. I was told about a year ago that I shouldn't bother and just stick with chesties but having since used chesties for a year, my initial thoughts of them were proven right. I now own a pair of the Scierra CC3 waist waders and haven't used my Greys GRXi's since owning them. They're not quite as breathable, but thats not a problem really. The legs may be a touch short of you have long ones, but if you're 'normal' they'll be fine. The socks are bigger than I was expecting - which is a very good thing because the stated sizes are only up to about a 9 on the medium's I have - I'm a 10/11 and they fit perfectly.

http://www.tedcarter.co.uk/product.php?pid=scierra-cc3-stocking-foot-waist-waders-P-1313

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/scierra-cc3-waist-waders~2156.html

I believe that Orvis do some decent ones as well, as do Simms, but I think that's only one model each. There may be cheaper brands around too if you want to lose some breathability. At about £130 though, the Scierra's were about as much as I wanted to pay to take a risk at the time. Very glad I did though! So much of the fishing I do only requires the odd bit of wading through rockpools or across shallow sand that 99.9% of the time, chesties are total overkill.

Reactions: Alun Parry

·
Registered
21 Posts
Top waders! I was looking for a pair of chesties but nature having a rather twisted sense of humour put small feet on short legs with 44" chest and a variable midriff. Just checked out Scierras website on sizes and they even do 7 1/2 shoe size :eek::jump::clap:

Now to find a piggie bank.....

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I was speaking to my local tackle-shop owner about these the other day. He's stopped stocking them, as he rekons that he's spent too much time sorting out 'returns' over the years. Apparently people invariably rip them (particularly on the arse). Says that it's a disproportionally high rate of people returning them.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a pair and for the summer months, they are perfect, I have a pair of G4 Guide for serious wading and colder months, but like Ben Trouser wader, full marks in my book. I have the same ones as Ben, as he's my lover! ...lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have a pair and for the summer months, they are perfect, I have a pair of G4 Guide for serious wading and colder months, but like Ben Trouser wader, full marks in my book. I have the same ones as Ben, as he's my lover! ...lol
Bleddy copycat! lol. I think the fact that neither of us has had a problem with them -considering the amount each of us uses them, and in the places that we've used them), does say something though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
but most of the time nath's mincing around in undersize budgie smugglers!!
They look like a good thing to me. next on my list i think.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Mine are medium. The foot on them apparently only goes to size 9 I think, but I can just about fit my size 11's in there. They don't have the longest legs in the world, but if you're sat down in the yak then it wouldn't be a problem. They're fine for anybody without massively long legs.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine are medium. The foot on them apparently only goes to size 9 I think, but I can just about fit my size 11's in there. They don't have the longest legs in the world, but if you're sat down in the yak then it wouldn't be a problem. They're fine for anybody without massively long legs.
I have been looking at these for a while but as I only have a 29" inside leg measure , and the smallest size medium have a inside leg of 33.5" i'm thinking they are going to be to long and all bunched up at the bottom - dont wanna be looking like some rapper with my baggys on , prefer to have things a bit better fitting

what you reckon Ben , how long/short are your legs as see you have medium.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I reckon chances are they'd be ok Dave. I'm a pretty average 6' tall, 32" leg and if I'm stretching out, climbing then they do become tight. Not overly restricting, but moreso than my Medium grey's chesties - tighter on the knees. The belt is usually fairly low on my waist too, so if you did them up properly I doubt you'd find them overly baggy. Obviously there would be room for movement, but not excessive. Bit tricky to tell though to be honest.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
When you say they only go upto size 9 foot, is that across the whole size range. I have ordered some XL and im slightly large in the foot stakes.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Not sure to be honest Mike without looking at a size scale. Mine were a 9, but only I think because of the Medium waste. I'd imagine the foot size will increase for FB's ;-)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts