The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last the 16th arrived and I was bursting to get going. In all since Wednesday I've managed 4 good sessions with a great return; 16 fish in total. Best session was a dawn raid from the shore on Thurs with six fish to wtd lures and just as many lost. Last night one of the lads with me managed a 74cm fish on a soft plastic on a boat session. One of the fish I had was followed to the top by another, much larger fish. As it went on several runs close to the boat, we could see the other fish darting around it trying to take the soft lure from its jaws; it didn't stop until we put the net in the water to land the fish. Another unusual sight this morning was on the way back from a shore session. As I walked back along the shingle beach I spotted a bass basking in the water, inches from the shore. Any closer and it would have been up on the beach itself. Well anyway here are a few pics...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Pat........can't wait to get booked to come over this year......Keep the reports coming mate.....

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nice report and nice fish .. well done Pat!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
You guys must have been going nuts not being able to fish for 4 weeks, but it looks as if you are making up for lost time, well done Pat :-D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks for all the nice comments. The fishing the past week hasn't been as hectic. A lot of weed has appeared in the water, mostly the lettuce and fine brown hairy stuff. This has made things extremely difficult. Nevertheless, we have managed a few...biggest going about 6lbs. We'll stick at it, though!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You guys must have been going nuts not being able to fish for 4 weeks, but it looks as if you are making up for lost time, well done Pat :-D
Would hate to have when I can fish dictated, but I can't help but think that a closed season would be no bad thing.
The quality of the fishing now is surely in part due to the break before hand?
I also found that a closed season gave me tome to think a bit about how to fish in the coming season, rather than 'just' fishing all the time.
Do understand that the practicalities of enforcing it might cause a problem or two to say the least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts