The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the missus decided I was looking a bit down yesterday, what with not catching a bass for over 4 months now I am well and truly dejected so she said I shoul dget a new rod... :-D:wackit:

Obviously not knowing I just got a Vale Tudo but hey, why not...

So here it is. I have searched the forum and cannot see that the rod is mentioned anywhere. It's a Jap blank, build in france and for some reason has not taken off in the UK market as the UK well, doesn't know a good rod when they see one, hard lure rod but feels Ok with heavier SP's I got the 8ft version, there was a 9ft as well which had a much softer tip for SP work but I wanted it predominanty for hard lures. So what do you think it is??

I tried a few other rods as well, the Illex Corsaire but that was one put aside for someone else so i couldn't have it, and it didn't feel as good as the one I ended up with anyway. i tried out the XOR independence but at only 7-21g I already have a rod with identical spec (but not as nice, or expensive) and I wanted something to thrash Zonks etc about. Also had a go with some other brands. Anyway, here's the pics, i'll let you have a few guesses before I tell you what it is!!

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Hand Grass Tire Plant Golf

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Is that a Rocksweeper Andy?

·
Registered
38 Posts
is it a guess the blank bit

you cant half tell its a jap/french concoction

i mean a metallic blank and blue anodising :mrgreen:

no idea i didnt think there was that much to throwing lures at big silver perch that lived in the sea:-D

mind you my rods are all in the basic range market (break things too easily to warrant top end rods)

id have gone for something from shimano or other big brand

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was too easy. Yes, Abu Rocksweeper.

Been using it this afternoon on a blank trip (as usual) and it is a seriously nice rod, casts like a dream a very very long way. Even the baby feed shallow was going miles, til it popped off the end and went even further... RIP my new Baby Feed Shallow...:(

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy said:
That was too easy.
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

It is if you've got one.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts