The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I wasnt going to bother mentioning this but hey its relavent. I took one of my reps out on friday on the boat with a few rods and an assortment of soft lures. There was simply nothing about, I mean we were trying for wrasse in the normal places but it was simply a waste of time.

We headed back after only fluking one nice pollack on a tiny paddle tail and a 5g jighead, the fish was about 2lb but must have been starving and lost where we caught it. Anyway on the way into the harbour it was so clear we could see a shoal of tiny pollack on the bottom.

So there we are, lrf gear out, one SSG split shot on, 4ft of 6lb flurocarbon with 1inch rubber wax worms on a size 8 hook. Two minutes later we are in to the first of maybe half a dozen 8oz pollack. Moral of the story though, we would have no way caught those fish on any other method of lure really, I mean we did try on 5g jig heads with 3inch paddle tails, but it wasnt until Mark (a big fly angler) scaled right down that we started to catch.

Oh how things have changed since the autumn.....

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Things locally are really changing and a fair number of people have a new perspective on lure fishing.

You are right, it wouldn't have happened last year but perhaps it should have.

I think the whole thing has a life of it's own now.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think the best thing about it all is the fact that underneath it all, it's all combined. LRF, HRF and bass skills can all be very compatible with eachother. In my case (so far) LRF has given me confidence in fishing lighter jigheads etc for bass, and bass fishing at night has now massively increased my confidence LRF in similar conditions. One big circle.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Look at it this way **** it's another string to your bow that helps you and the people that fish with you catch fish when you would not have. It shows how flexible you have become from a tactical pont of view, that has to be good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts