The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another of my little gadget vices is Watches. I love them. I havent bought a new one for a few years though, but am plotting & scheming a new one soon. Nothing too grand, something nice & simple like a nice Seiko (although a few choice brands have caught my eye ;-)).

I currently wear this one as my everyday watch . . . http://www.creationwatches.com/prod...-chronograph-sna225p1-sna225p-sna225-909.html

I also want a new Casio G-Shock, as mine is looking a little tired & battered !!

There must be some Watch fans in here !! What are you wearing guys ???

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I love TAGs too. Adore mine. That one's nice, Si but I like the plainer watches. The only other brand I seriously considered was an Omega. They do some beauties. I see the TAG as a lifetime watch and there's only a few brands you could feel like that about. And a Rolex is just a NO! Sector and Breitling do some nice stuff too if you like the Sports/Activities watches as opposed to "dress" watches like a Raymond Weil or Patek Phillipe....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Is that a wind-up, Tom?? (can you see what I did there?)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I like watches. They can really compliment a nice suit or casual outfit. I also much prefer plain dress watches, uncluttered, preferably with a rectangular face. I dont have any expensive watches at the moment, a few Seikos and Tissot, but I would like to buy a 'watch for life' soon. Whats the second hand market like for the upper end models? Or is it only worth getting new

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mark, very good market in things like the TAG and Omega and plenty of reputable dealers meaning you get good savings on new prices. Mine was £750 new and I got it for £400 cash (after haggling!) from a dealer in Brighton. Like new, boxed with papers and guarantee. Chuffed as I had been wrestling with my conscience over spending so much, but the used price was acceptable.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mine is the Omega Seamaster Professional chronometer 300m automatic ( stainless steel ) black faced often mistaken by people looking thinking its a Rolex ...........
Very nice Bob, definitely on my wishlist that one.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I use the Tag Heuer Aquaracer which is guarenteed waterproof down to 300m so if I get a dunking there should be know problem.
At the same time I got the wife one as well and believe it or not its got eleven diamonds on the front face.
This was the first time that I have ever brought a watch and I would have to say that I only really use it when I'm fishing.
Mine has all the timers and dials etc but Iv'e never used them.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I will admit Bob's Omega has caught my eye. But I use 150M waterproof Apeks at less than £100 and wreck them regularly.

I bought a good Rolex copy once and even Rolex owners couldn't tell the difference. Then I took it surfing and it stopped!

Now I'd rather spend money on rods and reels. I can get the time off my mobile or my Blackberry or the clock in my car or the radio or...........

Must run, I'm late.....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Casio G-Shock Multi Band 6. Water proof to 20 bar (669 ft) too deep for me to find out. solar powered, radio controlled calibration signal from an atomic clock. Great fishing watch.

Bought it after wrecking my everyday watch in Ireland last year.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I had a watch once, when the batery ran out it got slung in a draw and finally binned a couple of years later. With mobile phones giving the time, date, tides, moon phases, (well anything on the internet) I think watches really are an accessory these days

1 - 20 of 102 Posts