The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to fish a rocky erea I know in hope of catching some bass, on paper the location was right.
1. fishing a incoming tide.
2. plenty of crabs hiding under these rocks.

However after 1hr of casting I was getting no where, do I move on or stay there waiting for the bass to come in with the tide?

At this point I decided to stop fishing and have a cup of tea and a smoke.
after a few minutes I noticed some gulls hitting the water around a pontoon, there was a boat tied to it and I thought the people were throwing food into the water.

I then noticed distubance in the water .... fired a z-xlaw into that erea and was rewarded with a small bass (only 1lb not worth showing you a pic of it), I continued to hit that same spot but the fish were gone.

I returned back to fishing the rocky erea still getiing nothing, then 30 about minutes later I noticed the gulls were hitting that same spot again, once again I fired out a z-claw out to the pontoon and caught another 1lb bass. :-D

At this point I decided to stop fishing, I didn't want to keep pulling in these small bass, but I would like to thank the gulls for showing me where the fish are, and just because a rocky coast line on paper looks perfect for bass doesn't guarantee a catch.

From now on I will take much more notice of the gulls and less on my gut feelings.

·
Registered
519 Posts
well done mate, you should have took a few pics to put up, fish are fish, they don't always have to be big to warrant people looking at them, also be nice for guy's to know how you were working that z-claw etc, etc.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay but they aren't worthy, I only took the pics to prove to the wife that I really do go fishing :-D

This above fish was caught on z-claw trout.

This above fish was caught on z-claw mullet
This is when I lost the battery cover of my phone, I didn't notice it had fallen off when I took these pics :-x

As I said in my original posting I had to cast near a pontoon, this was really hard to do as the wind was blowing in my face and the white bait were in a small area (about 6 foot across) and only a few feet from a yacht that was tied to the pontoon that had people on it.
I would really hate to lose another plug so the pressure was on.

once I got my plug in the spot I really wanted to stay in there as long as possible, so I did small twitches.
a birds eye view would have shown the plug floating then dipping it's head just to make a small bow wave, I repeated this untill the plug got the attention of a bass.

walking the dog or trying to make the plug swim would have taken me out of the feeding area, a slight twitch was good enough on both occasions.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Cheers Pete, you should have told us you were using some of those tropical lures - massive bass! Ta for putting the photos up, fishes is fishes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts