The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been lurking for a while after seeing the link to here on Nathans blog, great forum!

Anyways I went out for my first session of the year the other day and whilst I had a great session catching my new pb (5lb 40z, not a monster compared to most, but I was over the moon), I also managed to drown my mobile phone in the process and was lucky my electronic car keys survived.

Never one to cry over spilt milk, I took advantage of the situation and bought myself a better mobile, but I am not sure if I could remain positive if I drowned this one in the near future. So as to avoid this, I am looking to purchase a small waterproof case that I can store my mobile, car keys, wallet etc in and perhaps wear on a lanyard around my neck.

I just wondered if any of you guys used such a thing and if so if you could recommend particular products or retailers?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the replies guys, looks like a aquapac will do the job.

I am thinking a 'Mini Whanganui' for my mobile, car keys and wallet. Do anyone have one of these, if so is it big enough for these items?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Lee, there are loads of different shapes and sizes.....the one I use for mobile & wallet is about 125mm x 200mm, the smaller ones are good for only an electronic key fob or similar.

BTW, don't bother with the one which is designed for compact cameras and has a fitted 'lens' type protrusion.....its pants!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I ordered myself a mini whanganui from that auction site yesterday.

When I purchased my new digital camera I made sure I got a waterproof one for this very reason, got the Canon Powershot D10 and love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.