The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been lurking for a while after seeing the link to here on Nathans blog, great forum!

Anyways I went out for my first session of the year the other day and whilst I had a great session catching my new pb (5lb 40z, not a monster compared to most, but I was over the moon), I also managed to drown my mobile phone in the process and was lucky my electronic car keys survived.

Never one to cry over spilt milk, I took advantage of the situation and bought myself a better mobile, but I am not sure if I could remain positive if I drowned this one in the near future. So as to avoid this, I am looking to purchase a small waterproof case that I can store my mobile, car keys, wallet etc in and perhaps wear on a lanyard around my neck.

I just wondered if any of you guys used such a thing and if so if you could recommend particular products or retailers?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Give Mr Fish a ring he has some very good ones that Yak guys are using (not chep though) (cheaper than a new mobile phone though)

·
Registered
519 Posts
hi lee, welcome to the forum mate,

i use a waterproof bag thats made by aquapak, i think thats how it's spelt, used it for a fair few years no problems so far.

kev

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've been looking at the Aquapack versions - do they last ok ? I bought a cheaper one a while back, but it didnt last (seams split).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the replies guys, looks like a aquapac will do the job.

I am thinking a 'Mini Whanganui' for my mobile, car keys and wallet. Do anyone have one of these, if so is it big enough for these items?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Lee, there are loads of different shapes and sizes.....the one I use for mobile & wallet is about 125mm x 200mm, the smaller ones are good for only an electronic key fob or similar.

BTW, don't bother with the one which is designed for compact cameras and has a fitted 'lens' type protrusion.....its pants!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I ordered myself a mini whanganui from that auction site yesterday.

When I purchased my new digital camera I made sure I got a waterproof one for this very reason, got the Canon Powershot D10 and love it!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been looking at the Aquapack versions - do they last ok ? I bought a cheaper one a while back, but it didnt last (seams split).
They're fantastic. My aquapack has held my car keys for me whilst surfing for ages, so the odd unfortunate dip when fishing should be no problem for years to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts