The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nigel

It looks quite impressive and I think the torch feature would be handy.

Have you finished road testing it yet? :shock::shock::shock:

Glen

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glen

I only got it yesterday. I wreck phones quite quickly so I thought I would give this one a go. It was free on a new contract so we will see.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Looks impressive Nigel...Let us know how you get on with it..

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It seems every week on here someone is drowning or smashing their phone on the rocks well I have just got one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx06W6BrcC4

Obviously everything is breakable & eventually water will get in, but for normal fishing activities it should be perfect.
No one more than me.
Probably because I'm fishing more than most.

4 this year.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy you should be working at work not watching YouTube clips :)

Yes it is a Samsung B2100

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Thought it might be!!

Had mine nearly a year and it's still alive. A new record. Supposedly Andy Proof. It has had a few dips, and a wash down with soapy water after it fell in a load of fish guts, i've dropped it and it's still just fine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had the Samsung B2700 for over a year now. Had a good splashing on the yak and in wader pockets etc.
So far so good, and the torch is great as a standby.

Or for staggering home from the pub!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy said:
Thought it might be!!

Had mine nearly a year and it's still alive. A new record. Supposedly Andy Proof. It has had a few dips, and a wash down with soapy water after it fell in a load of fish guts, i've dropped it and it's still just fine.
Has it lived up to the advertising Andy, are there any problems using it?...would you recommend it??

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've not had any problems, even connect to the internet and take photo's with it, I do find the screen difficult in daylight but then most phones are like that.

Battery life is good, no issues so far with reception other than where reception is poor anyway.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Why not just buy an Aquapac phone case? I've used them on the boat, spearfishing (left on my surface float/planche), low water fishing, night diving and all sorts.

The only one I have had to replace met its match in a lobster's cutter claw. I had the last laugh with the grill and garlic butter though.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not just buy an Aquapac phone case? I've used them on the boat, spearfishing (left on my surface float/planche), low water fishing, night diving and all sorts.

The only one I have had to replace met its match in a lobster's cutter claw. I had the last laugh with the grill and garlic butter though.
Paul

Because your phone always gets wet when you forget or don't bother putting in the aquapac case as I did. Or you drop it in the sink or toilet or worse, plus this phone is virtually drop proof on the rocks & should survive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This a great thread thanks everyone. I am not very kind with my phones - really like my razr but it didnt like being in a shirt pocket when it rained (!) so from a fishing /safety point of view the samsung looks like the way forward and sounds like it will put up with some stick.

I've since checked out various internet reports and amazon will send free, vat deducted to my door for 70 quid. Meanwhile Jersey telecom want 100 quid and dont seem to discount much on handset tariff.

Hey, it may even be labradour proof , unlike many tv and sky remotes that have met a terrible end at my house.

Thanks again- this looks like the way to go for cack handed clumsy techno eejits like me. Torch and simple camera sounds lrf friendly too.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
ive had this phone 6 months now i had to get it as i keep destroying my phones ive given it some stick lol and phoned people while swimming and answered it while in the shower its been thrown around allot and still going strong. oh yeah ive chucked it into a few pint glasses too i dont know why it just happens after a few drinks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts